cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wooden Slide floors, and Table removal?

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
Kind of a 2 part question here, but after not putting the plug in my cooler this weekend, and thus soaking the carpet on part of my slide, i discovered that our TT has wooden slide floors, which incidentally floored (yes i know) me.

Is this a normal occurrence, or is this a less tan superior quality build?

On the same said slide, is our dining table. We have always thought about removing the table and putting a pack-n-play in its location until our 7 month old, is old enough to sleep on the hide a bed. Can you for see any issues that might arise that i can be proactive on after removing that table, like will i be able to re-install it?

Anyhow, i always thought the slide floor was aluminum, so now i'm certain that the table is installed via wood screws into the floor, should be straight forward right?

In case you ask, we eat supper off tv trays in front of the tv at home, which is what we'll do in the camper after the table is out.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE
5 REPLIES 5

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
thanks for the input. i'm actually pretty excited about the swap. going to create more usable space for us i think. at least some extra storage space.
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT had the twin-pedistal tubes from the factory. We had the dealer remove the pedistal system and install folding legs on the table. Since the floor mounts were on carpet the old holes aren't visible at all.
And yes, we've put a small pack 'n play in its spot for our granddaughter.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
No problem with the swap. My trailer came with a dinette and I've never liked them Dealer swapped for a free standing table and screwed it to the floor in the slide. I'm going to be removing the table in favor of a recliner. Simple to remove the screws, tip the table, and walk it out the door. I have a large island kitchen that I'll be using a stool for me.
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:

However, the thing you need to consider before you dismantle... can you dismantle enough to get it out the door? Often times, items are put inside the camper before the walls are actually put in place.

Hadn't yet considered that. i had went as far to think that i might also have to remove the table legs, but didn't think about it being set before the walls were installed.

Thanks.
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Our free standing table is held down with 2 wood screws through the foot of the table. And yes, the floors are wood, same as the main part of your coach area.

You should have no problems removing the table (assuming it's a table and 4 chairs). Even a dinette is just screwed down with wood screws and easily removed.

However, the thing you need to consider before you dismantle... can you dismantle enough to get it out the door? Often times, items are put inside the camper before the walls are actually put in place.

I see no problems with your proposal. And if you end up messing up the table, you can easily put a different one in there when you get ready to sell it. No problem. (provided it will fit through the door).