cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

larrygranny1
Explorer
Explorer
after a 7 week trip, my DW and I agree that I have experienced 99% of the last 28 pages. someone make a book......
2011 F250, 6.7l, 2011 Keystone 28ft w/slide
RVN Vet 66-67, 68-71

Nerraw_and_DW
Explorer
Explorer
...if you can't figure out how to enter a one-story house without two or three steps to climb.

...if you are in a S&B and think the A/C has stopped working because you can't hear it blasting out of the ceiling.

...if you complain to your physical therapist that the big exercise ball won't fit through your front door.
Two Cockapoo baby girls and their servants
2013 Heartland Big Country
2014 Ford F350 Super Duty duelly

Arizona_5ers
Explorer
Explorer
if...You bought your stick house because it came with an 12 ft. wide RV gate, in an RV friendly HOA. (Yes, we found one.) Then proceeded to add 57 feet of concrete so the 5er and TV would have a nice place to sit. Then added additional electrical wiring so 5er can have itโ€™s own circuit.
if...Trailer Life arrives and you fight over who gets to read it first.
if...You stop for fuel and the DW goes to the 5er to use the rest room instead of the station facilities.
if...DW asks for a new modified tailgate for the TV for her birthday gift instead of diamonds.
Ifโ€ฆthe DH says heโ€™s to tired to wash your work car, then goes out back and washes the TV and 5er top to bottom. Getting ready for the weekend is not work.

And, ifโ€ฆYou gotta take the 5er 20 minutes to the track for 4 days of fun and "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity" โ€œIโ€™m not speedingโ€ฆIโ€™m qualifyingโ€ bumper sticker, and for the roof: 5 ft Pink blow up flamingo, neon party sign, are all must have equipmentโ€ฆYeah youโ€™re definitely a HAPPY Redneck NASCAR RVer. PIR here we come. Oh, sorry, I got carried away. See you there!
Ifโ€ฆYou read this whole chain of comments and still have more ideas you are...In very good company.
2007 2500 Dodge Ram Big Horn 4X4 QC Prodigy
2007 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 26Ft

Lifes Just One Big Cartoon, And We're the Star Players!

blkfe
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
The Fireball -

OK, now that's some funny stuff right there, and the one about "having a beer for breakfast" took me back to my younger days. I don't think I could've been considered an RVer back then, unless the back seat of a Chevy Vega counts as an RV.

Anyway, back in the day, one could qualify with some of these:

. . . After running out of firewood, you burn the wooden picnic table from another campsite.

. . . You've ever iced down a canoe of beer.

. . . You are familiar with this formula: 1 case / person / day.

. . . After melting one tennis shoe in the campfire, you've fashioned a boot out of duct tape and a 12-pack box.

. . . You address the retiree in the next campsite as "Dude" all weekend.

. . . When the weekend ends, your camp chair again becomes a part of your living room furniture.

. . . You own 4 coolers and 1 suitcase.

OMG...brings back memories.....lol

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you live in an RV, and then backpack into the woods for some tent camping to get away.

bonse
Explorer
Explorer
HUTCH45 wrote:

If you wave at every RV you pass as if they were your best friend.

That is us for sure. We get such a kick out of seeing any rv, trailer, etc on the road, no matter what time of the year it is. We always wave.

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guess I may be one, cause I just sat here and read the whole thing.

Loved this one=If the brand name "Trojan" refers to batteries...
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Hornet28BHDS
Explorer
Explorer
HUTCH45 wrote:
If you wave at every RV you pass as if they were your best friend.

That's me!
2006 Hornet 28BHDS-Bunk House, Dual Slides

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
5.7L Hemi, Factory Towing Package
Reese Brake Controller, WD Hitch and Sway Bar

Life is short, why not spend it in an RV!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

HUTCH45
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
The Fireball -

STOP IT!! You guys are killin' me!!!!

*(If you wave at every RV you pass as if they were your best friend).
"HUTCH"
'07 SILVERADO 3500HD 'CLASSIC' DRW - CC - 4 X 4
'07 NEW HORIZONS 35' 5th.Wheel 'MotoMover'....(SOLD)

HUTCH45
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted...
"HUTCH"
'07 SILVERADO 3500HD 'CLASSIC' DRW - CC - 4 X 4
'07 NEW HORIZONS 35' 5th.Wheel 'MotoMover'....(SOLD)

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
roman traveler wrote:
If going to the mail and finding your RV magazine excites you more than finding your tax refund.

OK, on a similar note, I must admit -

One day the Victoria's Secret catalog and Trailer Life arrived in the same mail delivery, and I grabbed the Trailer Life first.

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
If going to the mail and finding your RV magazine excites you more than finding your tax refund.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
The Fireball -

OK, now that's some funny stuff right there, and the one about "having a beer for breakfast" took me back to my younger days. I don't think I could've been considered an RVer back then, unless the back seat of a Chevy Vega counts as an RV.

Anyway, back in the day, one could qualify with some of these:

. . . After running out of firewood, you burn the wooden picnic table from another campsite.

. . . You've ever iced down a canoe of beer.

. . . You are familiar with this formula: 1 case / person / day.

. . . After melting one tennis shoe in the campfire, you've fashioned a boot out of duct tape and a 12-pack box.

. . . When the weekend ends, your camp chair again becomes a part of your living room furniture.

. . . You own 4 coolers and 1 suitcase.

The_Fireball
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a few I thought of:

You might be an RVer if,

you've ever sneezed in the middle of the night and your neighbor said,"God Bless You".

you've ever had a beer for breakfast.

roughing it is only having water & electric.

getting back to nature is squeezing into a 500 site Camp Ground with 18" of clearance on your awning side.

you refer to Camping World as the "Male Mall".

your Woodalls/Trailer Life Directory is bathroom reading material.

you have a campfire and the temperature outside is 85 degrees.

your favorite desert is Smores.

you have more than one Road Atlas.

you bring your own firewood to a campground.

you keep fishing worms in your RV refrig.

you refer to your spouse as the co-pilot.

you know why you don't use the words "whoa" and "go" when backing up.
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
...OoRah...Semper Fi
The Fireball :M and Missy :W
Furkids - Skippy ๐Ÿ˜› & Skeeter :Z
2006 Monaco Knight 38' 4-slides, 330 Cummins
2006 Jeep Wrangler dingy

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
H4Adventures wrote:
You know you can macerate in public without getting arrested...LOL! That was waayyy too easy!

:S

OK, now I'm having second thoughts about even starting this.

:h