cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

4th of July Fireworks

Saildogs
Explorer
Explorer
I am tired of the nightly barrage of fire works, most importantly so are my dogs. Does anyone have a favorite fireworks free destination that they go to during the 4th. Does such a place even exist?
Marshall and Diane Lucas
TV Ford F-350
RV Grand Design Solitude 310 GK 5th Wheel
10 REPLIES 10

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Fairbanks Alaska. There is no darkness this time of the year, consequently no organised fireworks. We heard no more than 20 to 30 pops last night. It's a long hall but very very quiet
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
National Forests here in Idaho. The ranger actually did shut down one guy and give him a huge ticket.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Canada.

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Probably going to have to leave Kent Island. I was not far from you on the 4th in Betterton and all was good.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We seem to have a fireworks tent on every major street. They are having a bad year. My wife asked me last night where the fireworks were. For the entire week less than 50 firecrackers have been heard. Most cities around here have firework displays on the 4th.

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed home but the fireworks here in the neighborhood began on Friday, continued through last night and seemed to get louder each evening. Smudge shook every night. It sounded like a battlefield outside.

Next year we will go someplace else...Thanks for the COE ideas.
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
State park. It's the worst thing they ever legalized for northern Michigan but then it may keep the idiots from buying as much meth or crack or straight pipes for their 1978 pickups.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
As above, Corp of Engineers, National Parks, and probably most state parks. I hate them almost as much as my dog.

yillb
Explorer
Explorer
most campgrounds are going to be firework heaven. Stay away from places people use boats, state parks usually don't allow fireworks, regardless of the state, so start there.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Corps of Engineers campgrounds. Some state parks are also fireworks free zones due to fire hazards.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus