cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dog, as in Calvin, to get / sleep on the sofa?

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't want to Thread Jack, Ed and Lynne's "Dog's on furniture" thread, so I figure I'd start a new one / ask my question here.

It's been how many years now? ... That's right, next month will mark our 6th year anniversary. ... AND, I still can't get Calvin to get on / sleep / make his bed on the dang sofa!

I mean, common, I know there's gotta be quite a few dogs, and cats fur that matter, who would absolutely LOVE to have a supple and soft sofa to sleep, and or to chill on. Right?

BUT, OH NO, not my boy Calvin. Even if I place a nice soft blanket, and pillow on it, ... he still won't use the dang sofa as his bed / chill'in out spot in the Eagle. He's not happy unless he's sleeping where I walk. I think he likes being in my dang way.

So, my question is. How do you get your dog to sleep on the sofa?

Maybe I'm using the wrong bait? ... You think? ... Seriously though, I really would like Calvin to use the sofa, and to give me my walk space back.

Pops

PS No problems sleeping on the bed, or the floor!

27 REPLIES 27

dturm
AZPops wrote:
Go Dogs wrote:
Calvin, we love you! You can lay anywhere you want to!!! If Pops wants floor space-tell him to buy a bigger rig!!

Hey DOC! Could you please delete ^^^ this ^^^ post! Before Calvin gets a chance to read it! .... :B:B:B

Pops

Sorry, Megan told me to never delete these threads so to honor her it's staying

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
When you are old and have top seniority in the MH.....you sleep any dang place you want to. :C

And of course the couch is not soft enough, you have to have a bed on top of the couch to suit your needs. Gotta love the old timers!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
Okay Calvin I would have chimed in earlier but I have been on vacation. I'm with you, sleep anywhere you see fit. If pops don't like it he can buy his own rig and then he won't be in your way. :B

Of course that comes from someone who is told to sleep on the couch occasionally. :h

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
Calvin's a dog???:B

thomasgunnar
Explorer
Explorer
You mean sleep on the couch like this?

Chris
2003 F350 CC,4x4,6.0,Zoodad, 3 Pod Pillar Gauges, Sinister Coolant Filter, Scangauge II, Blue Spring Kit
2006 Jayco Eagle 301RLS 33'

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
colliehauler wrote:

I think the Collies like the vinyl floor because it's cooler then the sofa or dog beds.

Yep! Especially as Ike (Aussie) aged and got a tad arthritic, I bought him orthopedic beds, mats, blankets - ANYTHING to try to get him to sleep on something soft. Nope - he wanted to sleep on the cold tile floor. Or concrete. Or his favorite: the snow-covered deck. It was definitely a "heat" thing; and I can understand that Calvin finds leather to be too warm. It is for ME.

Just tippy-toe over him, Pops.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm staying out of this as I know better than to get between a couple strong willed contestants :c
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have all three Collies sleep on the floor. Had to laugh though about having to walk around Calvin. Lassie finds the narrowest passage to lay down in almost impossible to get around her.

I think the Collies like the vinyl floor because it's cooler then the sofa or dog beds. Sometimes they use the beds when its cold enough in the trailer.

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Easy solution.
Give Calvin to me and he can sleep where ever he wants.

End of problem.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

southernkilowat
Explorer
Explorer
The answer to this one is so easy! Just teach Calvin how to drive, you know he wants to anyway...then he can go where he wants to and sleep where he wants to.

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
Calvin..there is no reason your dad can't step over you when you're sleeping...hold your ground on this issue...The wees

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Go Dogs wrote:
Calvin, we love you! You can lay anywhere you want to!!! If Pops wants floor space-tell him to buy a bigger rig!!

Hey DOC! Could you please delete ^^^ this ^^^ post! Before Calvin gets a chance to read it! .... :B:B:B

Pops

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer