cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HIT IT AGAIN, DEAN! Warning Pitcher Heavy!

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
You Ain't Nobody Till .....

NDSDF's Adoption pitcher ...

Few weeks shy of six years. Time sure flies, don't it?

But, but they said, I DIDN'T have to sleep on the sofa.

Pops
24 REPLIES 24

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
So nice to see pics of Harley again...txs for posting them...

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Murphsmom wrote:
AZPops wrote:
Murphsmom wrote:
Adorable! I'm jealous!

We are on the process of looking. Lost both of our pups earlier this year (the 13 yr old Golden to a heart attack and the 5 1/2 yr old Tripawd Lab/Chessie to bone cancer). Thought we had found the ideal pup early this week, but the woman who runs the rescue wouldn't even let us get to see him in person because (without even meeting us) she said we are "too old" for a boisterous year old Lab. So the search goes on.

Sorry for the loss of your two pups, and it's unfortunate to hear about the lady running the rescue.

If you'all were in CA. The NDSDF has dogs they recruited, e.g. like Calvin, who didn't make it through their training, or dogs who were adopted, but for one reason or another, are in the position / situation of having to find a new home.

When a person adopts a dog from the NDSDF. You become part of their "Lifetime Care Program". They check-in on us every 6 months or there abouts. They also have a facebook deal where the families can post updates, etc.. I don't do facebook, so they send me an email.

Best of luck on your search! I'm sure the right dog will find you!

Pops

PS Thanks everybody! ...

Thanks so much for the info, Pops. We are in Idaho, but would certainly travel to get the "right" dog. I will check NDSDF and also find out if they have affiliates or know of a similar organization in the Pacific Northwest.

... Kate Horwick, is the program manager, (888) 459-4376 @ ext. 109.

Oh, if yous like to see a pitcher of who your talking to. ...

Kate's pitcher at the NDSDF

Best of luck!

Calvin

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
AZPops wrote:
Murphsmom wrote:
Adorable! I'm jealous!

We are on the process of looking. Lost both of our pups earlier this year (the 13 yr old Golden to a heart attack and the 5 1/2 yr old Tripawd Lab/Chessie to bone cancer). Thought we had found the ideal pup early this week, but the woman who runs the rescue wouldn't even let us get to see him in person because (without even meeting us) she said we are "too old" for a boisterous year old Lab. So the search goes on.

Sorry for the loss of your two pups, and it's unfortunate to hear about the lady running the rescue.

If you'all were in CA. The NDSDF has dogs they recruited, e.g. like Calvin, who didn't make it through their training, or dogs who were adopted, but for one reason or another, are in the position / situation of having to find a new home.

When a person adopts a dog from the NDSDF. You become part of their "Lifetime Care Program". They check-in on us every 6 months or there abouts. They also have a facebook deal where the families can post updates, etc.. I don't do facebook, so they send me an email.

Best of luck on your search! I'm sure the right dog will find you!

Pops

PS Thanks everybody! ...

Thanks so much for the info, Pops. We are in Idaho, but would certainly travel to get the "right" dog. I will check NDSDF and also find out if they have affiliates or know of a similar organization in the Pacific Northwest.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
RBak wrote:
Beautiful photos and memories, Pops. Wishing you and Calvin many more happy years and memories.

Rita
Andy, who's been under the weather but much better now
Nicky, the feisty 17 year old Tennessee Walker mare who won't act her age and makes me chase her all over the pasture!

Thanks Rita! Glad to hear Andy's doing better, and ... I guess, Nicky's probably thinking, as you're chasing her down. This is FUN, I wonder how long Rita's gonna chase me around in this pasture? ... :B

Pops

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful photos and memories, Pops. Wishing you and Calvin many more happy years and memories.

Rita
Andy, who's been under the weather but much better now
Nicky, the feisty 17 year old Tennessee Walker mare who won't act her age and makes me chase her all over the pasture!

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Calvin: I hope you gave Pops a truly outstanding Father's Day Present!

Yup, got him a LARGE bag of ....

IMHO, it's a win, win type of gift! Pop's is happy I bought him sometin, and I gets to eat it!

Calvin ...... :B

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for a pitcher.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Calvin: I hope you gave Pops a truly outstanding Father's Day Present!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
ChooChooMan74 wrote:
I was looking for a heavy pitcher of beer!

:B

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again everybody! ... .... I have so many photos, couldn't decide which ones to post. ... :B

Go Dogs wrote:
Where Calvin came from.

This is a great site. Thanks for telling us, Calvin!!!

Thanks for posting the link! Calvin arrived at the NDSDF located in Ojai, CA. via the Corning shelter in northern CA.. After which , he was fostered at Helen's, Broken Arrow Foundation in Lancaster, CA.. Then as they say, the rest is history.

CA POPPY wrote:
Wow, those bring back a lot of memories. And wasn't Calvin considered "difficult to place?" He just had to wait until you finally got there! Harlee was a sweetheart. I know you both miss her.

Yup! .... :B ... I remember while walking the project with Karen Klingberg (?), (the K-9 manager who did the face to face interview at Santa Paula). She told me, "It was like you just fell out of the sky". ... :B

Speaking about memories, Judy, Remember this thread? Anyone who may have an interest, this is where it all started, .... or how it began. ...

The Clan .... Me, Harlee, n' Calvin

Pops

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking for a heavy pitcher of beer!
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Loved the photos - thank you for sharing them with us!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, those bring back a lot of memories. And wasn't Calvin considered "difficult to place?" He just had to wait until you finally got there! Harlee was a sweetheart. I know you both miss her.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Where Calvin came from.

This is a great site. Thanks for telling us, Calvin!!!