cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost our little traveling companion

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
A very sad and heart wrenching day for Cherie and I. Last evening, we had to put out our beloved Chloe (our Yorkie) to her final rest. She was our loyal companion who had been with us for 14 out of the 15 years of our married life together. Cherie got her as a new born pup about a year after we were married. Chloe spent her entire life by our side. As we never had children of our own, Chloe was kind of our “little girl”. She did practically everything with us. She was Cherie’s “shadow” in everything she did, and an unconditional loyal and loving companion to both of us. Chloe loved to travel with us in the motorhome, and came with us on practically every RV trip we ever took. She was always there, by our side. We already miss her so very much. It is going to be extremely difficult to get used to our Chloe not being here with us anymore. Our hearts are broken.

Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis
41 REPLIES 41

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
Our vet told us something many years ago after one of our beloved Sammies had to be put down. I have always held it close anytime we have lost a "kid". "The reason God doesn't let the critters we love live longer is so can love more than one in our life times.
x 2 on rainbow bridge
sorry for your loss
jw
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss, I have some tears in my eyes right now. Our Josie is 10 years old currently, and I can't imagine camping without her.
Dennis and Rosanne
West Seneca
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear that Mark. On the positive side it sounds like you gave her a great home and life and I'm sure she returned that with love and many memories.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
My buddy of 17 years died suddenly New Years day.....Had a heart attack and was gone just like that. I still grieve over him every day as I had been separated from him very few times in his life, very few. At least he didn't suffer a long illness. Best friend I ever had and I still miss him so----it isn't easy.

I'm so sorry.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

My buddy of 17 years died suddenly New Years day.....Had a heart attack and was gone just like that. I still grieve over him every day as I had been separated from him very few times in his life, very few. At least he didn't suffer a long illness. Best friend I ever had and I still miss him so----it isn't easy.

hsteinle
Explorer
Explorer
truly sorry for your loss. to me, this is the hardest part of having a dog. unfortunately, we are within a year or so of experiencing the pain you are now having. Just remember ALL the great times and memories, definitely outweigh the sadness you have at this time. hope your heart heals a little each day.
Harlan
Mesa AZ/Durango CO
’07 Alfa So Long Gold #4322
Cummins 400 ISL
Toad:
-Harley enclosed "Toy Carrier" cycle trailer, or
-‘01 Jeep Wrangler, or
-'11 Ford Explorer Limited

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I also have no children, so our pets are truly fur-kids to us. We are sorry to hear about your loss (to all the pet owners). Also, try to take comfort in knowing you made their life a better place just like they did for you.

Jan & Lou

Bruce_Brown
JohnnyT wrote:
Mark, I can not begin to express the sadness I feel for the loss of Chloe... As a friend we have often camped together and enjoyed Chloe whose stature was small but her presence and personality always made her the big dog in camp.... She was special.

Having been there I well understand the agony of saying goodbye to a cherished fir kid.

Hopefully in time your sadness of her loss will be overshadowed with the joy you and Cherie experienced having her in your lives..

I don't believe I have ever known a fir kid to be more loveed or well cared for...

Johnny

Having been on many of those trips, you could not have said it any better.

I'll miss Chloe... 😞
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

bluebarry1964b
Explorer
Explorer
Our deepest sympathy, on behalf of my wife Teresa and I. We lost our 12 yr old Boston Terrier to encephalitis on August 8, 2013 while out on the road Rving. We then lost our 12 yr old Cocker Spaniel to cancer just before Christmas of 2014 while here at home. Losing a pet is never easy, and there are no words that will take away the pain--only time.

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
We are so sorry to hear about Chloe. Many people ask if their pets will go to heaven. The Bible says that Jesus will come back riding a white horse so there must be animals in heaven! That gives us hope to see our pets again!

God Bless
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

6MISFITZ
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much Mark and many safe travels.
Mom, Dad, 4 kids, 2 Camping Dogs
Express 2500 LS (135"WB) 6.0L, 4.10, G80, PYO wheels, HENSLEY & McKesh
--------------------

MISFITZ

RACING

MFCC

Rallies Attended 4, 7 Un-Rallies

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words. I will pass all of these along to Cherie to read. God Bless.
Mark & Cherie

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
JohnnyT wrote:
Mark, I can not begin to express the sadness I feel for the loss of Chloe... As a friend we have often camped together and enjoyed Chloe whose stature was small but her presence and personality always made her the big dog in camp.... She was special.

Having been there I well understand the agony of saying goodbye to a cherished fir kid.

Hopefully in time your sadness of her loss will be overshadowed with the joy you and Cherie experienced having her in your lives..

I don't believe I have ever known a fir kid to be more loveed or well cared for...

Johnny

Thank you so very much Johnny.
Mark & Cherie

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
6MISFITZ wrote:
We know your pain as we just yesterday put our 11 year old Beagle Panoz ("pay-nose", named after a race car as all our dogs have been) down.
I am very sorry for your loss.

Mike.

Mike, so very sorry for your loss as well. Unfortunately, I can say that I truly understand what you are going through. Thank you for the kind words and God Bless.
Mark & Cherie