cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood furnace model 8536-IV-DCLP control board

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Atwood furnace needs a new control board and I can't seem to locate one that is a direct replacement.

Replacement boards have the high voltage transformer in the wrong place, and the low voltage plug is also in the wrong place. This is on both the Atwood part, and the Dinasour part.

Both the spark transformer and the low voltage plug on mine, are on the narrow end, while the replacements have those on the wide side. Not sure those will work.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I have the original owner manual but there is no part number listed. The part number I keep running into is 31501 which has the plugs on the wide side of the board.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog
6 REPLIES 6

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heh! Amazon delivered a Dinosaur UIB S ignitor board to me today to replace the one I used in an Atwood 8535-IV on Friday.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
My apologize to all including DougRainer! I worked on my furnace outside, and when I came inside to do my post, my mind got turned around and I described my circuit board backwards. After Doug requested a photo, I realized my mistake, and now the problem is easily solved.

Thanks all. New board is on order and will be delivered TODAY, thanks to Amazon.

As an aside, I have two furnaces side by side. I swapped the circuit board and the original furnace now works, so I'm pretty sure it is a bad board.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is what I find.
OEM board
Looks like you will need an adapter for the multi pin connector.
adapter

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Are you the original owner?
2. If NOT, then it is possible someone used a water heater module instead of a Furnace module.
3. Look at my link and see if that module looks like yours.
4. If it does then get the model p/n you listed as the wire harness on the Atwood should have enough length to connect.
5. I have NEVER seen a rectangular Furnace module like my link shows, they are all more square than rectangular. Doug

https://www.amazon.com/Suburban-520814-Module-Board/dp/B003G9J4RC/ref=asc_df_B003G9J4RC/?tag=hyprod-...

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
here is a link to very good circuit boards. Main difference is the high voltage connection whether it is a 1/4 quick connect or a post.
Dinosaur electronics
There is a large and small version so check the dimensions.
Does your have a fan only function? That would make it the fan 50 board.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you post a photo of your board and mount?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate