cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bathroom light

gatrtom
Explorer
Explorer
all lights on my 2003 Monaco work except the 3 in the bathroom area, any suggestions? All the fuses and breakers seem fine. Thanks, Tom
9 REPLIES 9

gatrtom
Explorer
Explorer
One light is on the ceiling in the toilet area, it has a switch on the wall and a switch at the light, florescent bulbs.

Two are in the bathroom area. One of these has a wall switch and has 6 small bulbs in it. The other is a florescent bulb in the ceiling.

I will double check tomorrow to see if these two switches on the wall have any power to them.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
HiTech wrote:
Are you absolutely sure there is not wall switch for these lights?

Jim

It does seem odd that a Monaco Diplomat wouldn't have a wall switch for any ceiling lights. My beginner level Class C didn't, but it didn't have a lot of things that a big DP has.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
Are you absolutely sure there is not wall switch for these lights?

Jim

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
You are going to have to follow the wire from the fuse and see where the power stops. In mine the wires are attached to the fuse panel with screws, that's what I would check first. Find out what other lights are on the same fuse, take out the fuse and see which lights go out. Check the wiring on the light nearest the bathroom lights, that's assuming there is no bathroom light switch. Don't forget the bathroom fan, mine is wired to the bathroom lights.

gatrtom
Explorer
Explorer
I have taken the lights off the wall and have no power at any of the three lights. The fuse is ok, I have power on both sides of the fuse, so I'm thinking I have a loose wire somewhere. Any ideas?

homedad
Explorer
Explorer
Bathrooms tend to have a switch on the wall and at the fixture. Just eliminating the easy stuff first.

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a silly question...but you didn't say whether you checked all three bulbs in other sockets.

Other than that, fuses would be the easiest thing to check...just pop another one that you know is working into that position and see what happens.

Since it sounds like you may have done that already, the switch may be the next logical point of failure. Can you tell from your wiring diagram (or from past use) whether all three lights are on the same switch, and if there's anything else wired through that switch?
2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/

GPWayne
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you have a multimeter....If not, buy one and learn how to use it. Very basic tool for working around a motor Home.

Also check the grounds.

I once had a switch fail....That kept me going for a while.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Certainly sounds like a fuse. It could be a loose wire. If you have a meter or a test light, check for voltage on both sides of the fuses on the fuse panel.