cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying RV range online.

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
Be careful out there buying on the internet. I just had a hell of a time with CARiD They sell car parts, RV parts, sporting goods, etc.
I ordered a new RV range from them. Suburbanยฎ 3215A - 22" RV Gas Range. Found what I wanted and on the checkout page, it listed shipping UPS ground as $38.07. I even called and confirmed with a salesperson that that was correct and that they had 4 in stock ready to ship. Placed the order and got an email receipt with all the details including the shipping cost. Never got an email with a tracking number so called and was told I would have to pay $200 more for shipping. They would not stand behind what was on my emailed receipt so had to cancel. We shall see if they even refund. Went to Yelp bad reviews.
Will probably buy an Atwood direct from PPL in Texas. $100 cheaper than Amazon for the same unit. PPL also is a seller on Amazon but the price there is $100 more, so Amazon can get it's cut. Buy direct better price. They charge $99 shipping.
Now if I can just get my money back from CARiD.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com
10 REPLIES 10

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is how the hinges look on our older Norcold N811. The upper one (bottom of the freezer door) has the original large-headed #10 screw, threaded into metal. The lower one (top of the fridge door) shows how I drilled through and installed 1/4-20 stainless bolts, nuts, and bushing to match the original screws. Those screws stripped out on a trip. The top let go first, so the door didn't actually fall. I was opening the door and caught it. You can see that both parts of the Hinges are Metal.

Here's a suggestion: Find or make a "Shim" to support the door between bottom edge and frame while on the road. The hinge may fail on the campsite, but I believe the damage starts on the road. At least on ours, fridge is right over the rear axle and it rides like a boxcar. Shim is a couple Home Depot paint sticks. Lowes sticks aren't quite as thick, I'd probably need three.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
That is why you use a credit card for these transactions.
No credit in a week, just dispute the charge.

Once I had Discover start to lecture me about buying from a fraudulent company... told them total BS because if Discover does business with them to accept payment then I assume Discover has vetted the customer and it is their problem. Credit posted same day.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Carid is a dropship company, like a lot of online merchants and drop ship is the rule for a lot of automotive and rv aftermarket stuff. They have low overhead because no storefront is maintained, and no warehousing. They're simply an order processor / middleman. You get the price because the merchandise is shipped directly from the vendor to you. Carid never touches it. They just take a percentage.

For what ever reason they had a miscommunication between them and the vendor. Whose fault matters not. The bottom line is neither they nor the vendor will admit and eat the mistake. They will refund your money but that's about the limit of their liability. It's just the chance you take shopping price with drop shippers. I have had the same type thing happen more than once. You can run into the same thing with some of the sellers on Amazon that are not "fulfilled by Amazon".
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I haven't ordered much from CarID, but had good results from what I did order. Free shipping, lowest price I could find, and got it pretty quickly. Guess you just never know.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
What I do with situations like this is contact the Attorney General in the state the company is located. In most states, that generates a nearly immediate letter from the AG requiring an answer by a company official...CEO, COO, etc. And they are required to answer the AGs questions. So it takes them several hours to gather the info and kind of pi**es them off having to do it. So they don't like it. It's rather satisfying.

But I digress...usually the threat of contacting the AG will get them to do the right thing and honor their verbal contract or in your case, written contract via the email. Might be too late for you as it's now moot since you cancelled the order.

JMO...also, rules change over time and different states have different rules but it's worth the effort to check online with your states AG's web page to see if they have a complaint form.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Wow, good to know about Carid.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought this:

"Atwood Mobile Products 52373 Wedgewood Black 17" Piezo Oven Range 3 Burner"

Except we got a stainless version, looks like that may have been the last of them too, SS ones that is. From Atwood Mobile Products via Amazon and had no trouble whatsoever.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of this problem with carid. However, that's why I always use a credit card...if some place tries to play these games, I dispute the charges.

While Amazon isn't always the cheapest, I've never seen them $100 more.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
I had a little trouble with them too. I was led to believe that the part was in stock but it wasn't. Said the manufacture was back ordered and would be 2-3 weeks before it shipped. Canceled order but they did credit my credit card promptly.

Ordered from a different distributor and they too said that it would have a two week delay. Got the item in two different shipments from two different warehouses in about five days. Price was better too.

I use them to price compare but find that they are usually in the high end.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Communicate with their stateโ€™s attorney general, fraud division.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad