cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh water tank don't take water?

jlud
Explorer
Explorer
First time trying to use our 100 gallon tank on carbon 33. Open door, removed cap, tried to put water in slowly and it just spits it back out...won't take any. I have the potable water drain valve open all the way to see if water was in it but nothing....any ideas or thoughts as to what might be preventing? If just air I would think it would take some slowly...is there a valve with the water pump or something that might be closed? Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
Those work great but be sure you put a nice tight hose clamp on it before you use it. I love mine. -Mark.

Mile-High-Endur
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Back when we had our old Class C with a gravity feed tank fill, I used a homemade version of a water tank filler like this one from Camping World. It completely eliminated "blow back" under most conditions.

Seeing the picture of that reminds me........I still have the clear tube part down in my hose/tank.
It blew off the yellow plastic shut off when filling one day about 7 yrs. ago.

Still have the yellow shut off valve :B

Mine came off too but I caught it and use a hose clamp to keep it on. First time I tried to fill mine I dicovered it liked it better fast than slow. Slow it would run back out.

Jeff
2005 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 8.1 gas
2000 24' Pace Shadow Limited w/ Husky Equilizer Hitch - resting in Texas while we fulltime
1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ PS, PB, Automatic, Factory Air

Mr_MrsSchleppro
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Salem 29ud3. When we first bought it I went to sanitize the fresh water system but couldn't get any water in. I took it back to the dealer and the fill hose was pinched where the water tank was set in the frame. They replaced the fill hose and all is well. If that's what you end up doing go under and make sure they sealed the under belly back up. There's a good tape they use but the guy didn't use any so I had to.
Phil&April
'99F-250Superduty4x4/CrewCab/7.3
'04Tahoe4x4/5.3
'14 Salem 29ud3 TT
We used to have Johnny Cash and Bob Hope,now we have no cash and no hope.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I use the gizmo that Dutch posted and "let her rip."

jlud
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the input, I will try blowing out the vent and then the tube if needed. Thanks again!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Back when we had our old Class C with a gravity feed tank fill, I used a homemade version of a water tank filler like this one from Camping World. It completely eliminated "blow back" under most conditions.

Seeing the picture of that reminds me........I still have the clear tube part down in my hose/tank.
It blew off the yellow plastic shut off when filling one day about 7 yrs. ago.

Still have the yellow shut off valve :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
they usually have more than enough hose when built for the fresh water fill and vent. So....... guess what often happens!! you end up with a sag in both that guess what, also makes a great "P" trap. Now, purpose of a P trap is to trap water. End result either fills slowly or won't fill all the way.

Get a look at the fill and vent hoses and I'll bet you'll see the problem quickly.

BTW, had a similar issue on my Outback when I got it, would fill, but slow, and not fill all the way since the vent had water in it.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Kink/sag in filler hose from inlet to tank
Vent line kink/sag

I had to cut 4" out of filler hose on my 5vr and re-route vent line so that it didn't trap water and no longer vent air.

Check those hoses

Today's product it could be no hole in the tank:S

sremsing
Explorer
Explorer
Had that happen once. Water in vent. Took a long straw, inserted it in vent hole and blew hard for several seconds. Cleared mine right up and no problem filling tank.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD quad cab, Vortec 6000
Prodigy
2011 Rockwood 2604
wife and one fur buddy.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kink/sag in filler hose from inlet to tank
Vent line kink/sag

I had to cut 4" out of filler hose on my 5vr and re-route vent line so that it didn't trap water and no longer vent air.

Check those hoses
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31