cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP Atwood automatic leveler - no power to control pad

firedoc
Explorer
Explorer
Our 06 Bounder 38L has Atwood electric automatic levelers.
When we came back from the glass shop (had windshield replaced) and tried to set up there was no power to the control pad (buttons) as evidenced by inability to turn on (no lights). we are full timers and currently volunteering at a hatchery. Luckily our pad is almost level and requires no correction but walking around in an unstabilized coach is not to DW liking and therefore not to mine. Our next destination may not be so level! So I would like to get it fixed. Took control panel off the wall and found it just had one cable attached (4 wires) and they were still firmly attached. I removed and reattached them several times just in case of a poor connection. Nothing. There was no fuse on the control board and I cannot find a fuse in all the normal spots. I figure that the board has died,or a fuse somewhere has blown (for what reason?), or that there is a problem with one of the sensors (motor must be running,in neutral and emergency brake engaged in order for it to work). Any idea where I can start? Really don't want to take it to another shop $$$!
Thanks for any help
Terry
'06' 38L Fleetwood Bounder
6 speed Allison
300 Cat
2012 GMC Terrain
Roadmaster baseplate
Ready Brute Tow Bar
And M&G brake system
4 REPLIES 4

firedoc
Explorer
Explorer
RESOLVED PROBLEM
Found location of control board and found a wire connector that had come loose. Reattaching it was somewhat tricky and got it wrong the first couple of times. Cinly let the DW help and go it right.levelors functioning again.
Ill try to post a couple of pics.
6 speed Allison
300 Cat
2012 GMC Terrain
Roadmaster baseplate
Ready Brute Tow Bar
And M&G brake system

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
usually no lights to panel indicates a bad emergency brake relay.
Work the emergency brake a few time, setting it HARD and see it you get panel lights. Multi meter is useful in this case. Does the emergency brake light on the dash come on?
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

firedoc
Explorer
Explorer
Fishinghat,
Thanks for replying. But a question, do electric levelers have a pump???
6 speed Allison
300 Cat
2012 GMC Terrain
Roadmaster baseplate
Ready Brute Tow Bar
And M&G brake system

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't have the Atwood system, but I'll take a stab at some common causes for lack of power at the panel.

Assuming the windshield replacement had nothing to do with causing the problem, first check the ground connection at the pump. Clean it up. Find the relay that supplies power to that circuit and swap it out to rule out a problem.

I'm going to assume your relays that supply power or cut off power depending on the position of your ignition key are working correctly. Sometimes they can start sticking before they fail completely. They are inexpensive and easy to replace.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow