Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Transmission Cooler

Ok, so I've got a 2002 F150 with the 4.2L V6, I recently ordered a Derale Class IV plate and fin transmission cooler for it.Everything seems straight forward, any tips, tricks, secrets, or anything else I should know before installing it this weekend...

JeremyFr by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda EU2000i

I bought my Hondas several years ago and there were several online sellers that sold at below fair market Honda pricing. One was Mayberry and another was Northwest Power Tools.I understand Honda clamped down on them and stopped the underpricing.Are...

Amp Rating

Ok - I thought I understood electricity ratings (watts, volts, amps).I know volts and undestand watts is a measure of work - but amps are a capacity.So when a motor has a rating of 12volts and 12 amps are the amps consumped of amps over an hour (60 m...

jodeb720 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Electric Brake Issues on TT

I have a wheel on my TT that seems to be getting more "Juice" than the other three. I have my prodigy gain set at 6 and the boost at 1.(Same problem if no boost) In a short drive, the wheel will heat up more than the other three.It sometimes gets ho...

lotto38 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing 30 lb. propane tanks

I have to replace or recertify my 2 30lb propane tanks. Can't find anyone in my area that does 30lb tank swaps. Looking at new tanks, I have seen the Flame King tanks and the Worthington tanks. The W tanks are consistently $20 higher than the FK. An...

rfhall50 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper AND truck batteries dead

So Ive been pretty proud of my recent solar upgrade to the camper, but haven't really had a good workout with it. Fun just knowing everyday the batteries are being topped off and floating due to solar power. So it was quite a shock today when I ste...

Atwood oven thermocouple replace?

The unit is an Atwood Wedgewood Vision from 2011. Pilot lights but goes out when oven knob is turned on. Tried cleaning the thermocouple but no go. Figure it needs to be replaced.I tried to get the thermocouple probe out of the bracket that holds it ...

Alternator Rebuild Sacramento Area

I have a Leece-Neville 200 amp, 14 volt alternator that needs to be rebuilt. Is anyone familiar with a shop in the Sacramento CA area that can handle the job? This is the original alternator from my '97 Monaco Dynasty. I know I can purchase one from ...

RognBon by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

HWH Question

I am new to using HWH levelers and need guidance. I use auto level and everything works fine. Sometimes, my front wheels lift off the ground when RV is level. I want to put my leveling blocks under the wheels but am unsure how to do this.After I sele...

hpdrver by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

electrical short?

I was getting my 5th wheel eready for our fall trip thia AM and while kneeling beside the trailer I touched a metal panel and got a slight electrical tingle. Not enought to hurt me but a concern neverthe less. Any ideas as to the problem/solution?

Correct psi ?

I recently took delivery of a Dynamax rev motorhome. The label on the pillar shows 65 in front 80 for rear. When I checked, the psi was 80 all around. What should the correct psi be for this vehicle. Owners manual says to refer to door label???Thanks...

richy2 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes