cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP with Tire Pressure Monitors

JohnDoe
Explorer
Explorer
I put mine on yesterday ,when I went out this morning the alarm was going off, took the monitors off the wheels and checked my tire pressure and each wheel had lost up to 10 pounds of pressure, did I put them on the valve stem to tight? to loses? I put them on what I felt was firm, why did this happen?? I have the TPMS and this is the first time to use them, I am going south Tuesday and hope to get them working ok but don,t want them to give me a flat. now I don,t trust them.
8 REPLIES 8

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure that the tires are cool before you install the sensors. In other words, go our first thing in the morning before you do any driving and install and calibrate the sensors.

You can select the low pressure "trigger", maybe your low pressure alarm setting needs to be adjusted down a tad.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
If ALL the tires showed a 10lb drop I would say it was temp. related. Put them on again and check them again in a day or two if no drop in pressure from over night temp I would say your good to go.
ON mine I take a SMALL amount of anti-seize and put it on the top of the stem it keeps a dry stem from tearing the inside seal of the sender.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of rig, which TPMS and what kind of stems (metal, rubber)?

Had the same issue with our new tires/sensors - way more than 10 PSI loss and it was
not due to temperature change.

Our issue may be because of metal stems on our Class A.

The vendor suggested valve stem extensions, but I haven't had time to try that yet.
Not sure that's such a good idea anyway, as some people a few years back reported
leaking or having had them fail and ruining their tire.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Admin
Moved to Tech Issues from Forum Help and Support

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
x2 on temp change, but since I figured out it's on a 5er... 10 psi out of 60-80 is more than normal. Air them back up while it's cold and see if it happens again.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't think the alarms would register a loss of only 10 psi.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Temperature change affects pressure greatly. The temperature probably changed since you check.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wrong forum, Moderator notified to move it for you.
Rubber stems? Metal stems? Loss of pressure indicates a leak, DUHHHH.
Put them back on and take a spray bottle filled with soapy water and start spraying looking for bubbles.