Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

need good body shop

Just arrived in Fl. from Mi. but contacted a deer along the way. The lower right front corner has stress cracks in the fiberglass, no other body damage. My question is: does anybody have any recommendations as to the best place for fiberglass repair ...

Slide out adjustment on Lippert above floor???

My new MH has a Lippert above floor slide out and I think it needs adjusting and the dealer says "NO". When closed, it has a much tighter fit on the side towards the rear than the front side. I can easily put my fingers on front side and not on the ...

Hydroflame Furnace

I have a hydroflame 8900 II furnace in my RV, which will not ignite. Does anyone know a way to verify the gas valve is opening? The led on the circuit board indicates power to the valve, which I verified with a meter, and the coils on the valve teste...

Onan diesel generator won't crank, it only clicks

I have a Onan quiet Diesel 6000 that won't start. The coach batteries are charged with a 12.8 volts. When I crank the genny, the red starter switch continuously blinks red. The voltage drops to 11.8 while cranking. The only thing that happens is-...

dredust by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold 1200 LRIM not cooling on fresh side on propane

2004 Dutchstar with Norcold 1200 LRIM fridge. Dealer diagnosed as bad cooling tower. But before new cooling tower could be installed I had to have the over heating recall done. According to them, by Federal Law the recall had to be done before inst...

dextery by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Breakaway switch and brake lights

Yesterday, I replaced the cable that connects the 5th wheel to the 7 pin connector on the truck. Luckily, the cable I ordered used the same color scheme as the existing cable (I tested old and new cable with a multimeter) and after connecting everyt...

marquis 5500 generator starting problems

I have a 2000 holiday rambler with the Onan 5500 generator with about 400 hours. When I first try to start it, it will start, surge for a while then quit. sometime I can keep it running a little longer by manually controlling the throttle, but it wil...

jluke by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Charging house batteries while in storage

The nice folks that bought my old Winnebago have it in storage a few blocks from their house. There is limited parking in front of their house, and they can't run a extension cord to it to charge the batteries. I was thinking the only option is so...

SFVdave by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Need some A/V advice

When we got the Chinook, I noticed it had an RCA home theater unit. It will play DVDs, tune FM stations, and has something like 50 watts per channel to four speakers. (RCA? Are they still around? I haven't associated them with quality in a long t...

Dometic Refrigerator Thermostat

Greetings, I am troubleshooting my old Dometic compact refrigerator and since it works well on AC but not LPG can I assume that the thermostat and thermister are OK? Thanks.

suburban water heater

I have a ten gallon water heater and the wire that controls the gas needs to be wiggled if I want the gas to come on. the wire connector is behind the black reset cover on the face of the heater.I am having one of those senior moments and am trying t...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Kudos to Rogue Power Technologies

MY 4+ year old MPT-3024 solar charge controller was having start up problems. I contacted Marc and returned it to him. It was repaired in short order, along with software up date, at no charge and he even paid the return freight. That's what I call t...

RLS7201 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C Turns on when I turn on the heater

When I turn on my heater the A/C also turn on. Is a gas furnace. So I have to turn the A/C beaker down. If I only use the A/C it work fine. Any ideas. I think my digital thermostat is damaged ?

Tbucket by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes