Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

LTH Batteries in Mexico

Has anyone installed Mexican LTH GC-2s and if so how have they performed. I need four new ones. Currently in Mazatlan. Does anyone know best place here to buy them?Bob

BORG Project Update

Today the 400 amp Schottky rectifier heatsink has 60 3/16" ventilation holes drilled in it, the 10-turn pots are attached to the Mega pots, EuroTerminal Strips have been attached to the rear lid, and fans have been selected to cool the stacked heatsi...

Multicolor LED conversion?

So I was looking at replacing my T8 flourescents with LED tubes, then I saw the video on YouTube about replacing the tubes with LED strip light (see below) THEN I thought...hmmmmWhat if I get multicolored LED strip, install sections in each fixture (...

Starting the Chinook after letting it sit a week

My wife and I have had some problems starting the Chinook Concourse we just bought.First, I turn the key and it goes clickclickclick but does not turn over. I wondered if I left the headlights or something else on.Second, I use the boost system---pr...

Need propane hose

I have a new 100# propane tank I need to add to my existing tanks. I need a 10-12 foot hose to do it. All the extend-a-stay kits I've found only have a 5-6 foot hose. The hose must have the older style brass fitting as the tank has a valve with in...

CJW8 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Propane Tank problem

How would you handle this problem? I took a 100 pound propane tank into Cactus Propane here in the Yuma Foothills to get it refilled Monday morning. The young guy started to refill but then he said" cannot refill as it has a leak" I said "cant be le...

Honda EU2000i Companion Set

Hi Everyone,Before I start I'd just like to post a warning to all people planning on buying a generation set.Get something like a Honda and NOT something like a Boliy. I've had a Boliy for 5 years. When I bought it I was hung up on finding a generato...

smcrea by Explorer II
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

While we are on solar let me tell you about friend #2

So friend #2 has four trojan scs225 batteries, a go power 30 amp non adjustable controller, and 685 watts. He originally had 525 watts and just added a 160 watt panel. I asked if he was concerned about popping the controller. He said he's going to in...

azrving by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with choosing proper converter amperage

I'm finally replacing my failing converter and am looking at the INTELI-POWER 9200 SERIES CONVERTER/CHARGER - 60 AMPS. My question is, my trailer currently has the WFCO 55 amp (yeah, yeah WFCO.....I get it), but since the Progressive unit is 60 amp ...

KATOOM by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

Wonderful

Open Roads Forum > Search the Forums > Your search for 'drag and drop photos' found 0 matches.Your search returned no results.

Question on UltraHeat tank heater systems

Greetings.I have a 2011 Carri Lite 37' fifth wheel with double walled black/grey tanks heated by a 4" duct from a 40,000 btu LP furnace. I'm outfitting the trailer for 15-25 degree winters in the mid and north west. While in parks at a 50 amp pedesta...

Battery wiring diagram

I'm not an expert and don't claim to be one but looking at this picture makes me think something is very wrong here.I would love the resident electrical experts opinions

Wasting water waiting for hot water???

While waiting for hot water to reach the faucet, I seem to waste a lot of precious water when I'm boondocking. Has anyone installed an undersink, propane, on demand hot water heater?Or some other way to return this unused water to the water tank?

Ammeter/ Volt meter adjustment

I installed a cheap meter to read volts and amps sometime ago along with a shunt. There are two pots on the meter one for volts and one for amps. The volts I set with my volt meter but the amps I can figure the best way to adjust it. I don't have ano...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes