cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco part needed

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Jayco escapade and am looking for a part. Jayco referred me to camping world.
I have not stopped in there yet but last time I looked for a part from them, they were useless.

It is the plastic step insert. It is the first step you go down BEFORE you reach the folding steps..it is in the rv.

Not sure what to call it even.
28 REPLIES 28

dcason
Explorer
Explorer

I mentioned the fiberglass to hubby just before I got this email. He's done it before in other applications so we will see....

Thank you.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
Use fiberglass cloth and resin and make your own.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
To post a pic on the forum, just go to this link http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1, upload the pic you want, copy the resulting code, and paste it into your post. Easy peasy.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
It is the whole plastic molded insert that fits/covers the whole step down.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm confused. Is the piece that protects the front edge of the step or the entire step insert? The nose piece ought to be easy to find. If it is the big piece that makes up the step (where you actually put your foot) then you may have to look at some places that specializes in pre-owned parts
i.e. an RV parts yard.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
It is a 2005.

Is there any way to post picture without putting on my blog.

The name you gave it sounds right to me. A molded liner for the
step down within the Jayco. Not sure HOW we are going to replace
that! Like the water proofing of it.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your Jayco must be more than 10 to 12 years old. I have not heard or seen an Escapade in years. That said, even Jayco may not have the part on an old motorhome. Can you post a pic of the broken part? I feel that if you take it to a Jayco dealer, you will waste your time, as they will NOT have the part and will have to research it with Jayco. A Pic would save that time and effort. Doug

You are looking for a "Entry Step Box Plastic liner".

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
That sounds good will check on it and if I cannot find anything....I will haul it up to camping world and push hard.

sbrdude86
Explorer
Explorer
step well is the term I think you are looking for

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
dcason wrote:
I have a Jayco escapade and am looking for a part. Jayco referred me to camping world.
I have not stopped in there yet but last time I looked for a part from them, they were useless.

It is the plastic step insert. It is the first step you go down BEFORE you reach the folding steps..it is in the rv.

Not sure what to call it even.

If you've got a Jayco and are looking for a replacement part for it wouldn't the obvious solution be to take a pic of what your looking for to a Jayco dealer? Every part has a number, once you have that number, simply order it from Jayco.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
It is not a trim and not something I will find in big box.

Picture this: You are standing in the rv and looking out the door. Look down and there is a step INSIDE...a step down. It is the plastic lining for that step insert that is inside the rv. Hubby busted it while resupporting the steps that began to sag.

Does that makes sense?
Donna

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you can't find one at a big box store (or something close enough to work), it would be most helpful to us if you posted a picture of the part in question. There are some rather standard vinyl or plastic inserts for trim strips in some RV parts (though more often exterior than interior), which Camping World or Amazon or wherever would carry. Possibly it's one of those in a less than typical installation.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you gone to a big box store? I suspect it is a stair nose piece used to protect carpet. Lots of types available at big box stores or even a carpet store. You can buy it by the foot. Get metal, at least it will hold up.