Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kitchen will not shut off,Drips

nvreloader
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed that the RV kitchen fachet valves are starting to drip,
I guess it is time to replace the whole fachet, it is the OEM cheap plastic type,
been there since 2009 under 80#s water pressure.

Will I need to get a special RV type or will a regular house setup work?

Tia,
Don
2010 F-350,6.4PSD, 6spd man trans,CC,SWB,SRW, Caravan camper shell,50 gal bed tank,17,000lb Husky WD hitch,Northwoods 2008 28KS Desert Fox Toy Hauler,2005 Honda 500 Rubicon ATV w/rumble seat,1 Aussie waiting,watching and ridin shotgun on the whole outfit.
12 REPLIES 12

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got the white version of

from Amazon under $30. It's a quarter-turn "washerless" faucet. The old ones use brass washer cartridges which Amazon sells and are probably available at big box stores.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

nvreloader
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info,
off to Reno to get parts etc.

I do not know if this is a cartridge type,

The leaking side is the Hot water side, it has the left/right turn on/off handles.

I shut the water (House to RV) off at night, so I don't wake to wet feet on the floor, if it blows apart etc :E

Tia,
Don
2010 F-350,6.4PSD, 6spd man trans,CC,SWB,SRW, Caravan camper shell,50 gal bed tank,17,000lb Husky WD hitch,Northwoods 2008 28KS Desert Fox Toy Hauler,2005 Honda 500 Rubicon ATV w/rumble seat,1 Aussie waiting,watching and ridin shotgun on the whole outfit.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
Funny you should ask. Here is the address for the daily RV Tips Newsletter which has an article that will answer your question:

Link

http://www.rvtravel.com/?q=daily-rv-tips-issue1029494
Sorry, I don't know how to make it a link.

Basic rule of thumb when doing any remodel plumbing projects.

Remove the old unit first, disregard what the wife wants, and get an exact replacement where the fittings at the base match identically. Save yourself a ton of self induced headaches.

Only exception to this rule is if money and time are no object while doing the R&R project.

9x out of 10, I will change out the cartridge from above, anything to get out of having to get on my back, inside, and underneath the sink inside the cabinets, into a contorted Houdini escape position, risking jacking my bad back.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
When my off brand faucet started leaking, I emailed the manufacturer because I couldn't find parts. They told me that Delta parts fit. I bought Delta seats, and they fit like a glove. No more leak.

Funny, the bathroom has an off brand cheapy, the kitchen came with a Moen. Go figure. (The Moen has not leaked.)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Funny you should ask. Here is the address for the daily RV Tips Newsletter which has an article that will answer your question:
http://www.rvtravel.com/?q=daily-rv-tips-issue1029494
Sorry, I don't know how to make it a link.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only special thing about the RV faucet is how cheaply it is made. All connections and fittings and such are standard, A Moen (in fact some RV's have Moen) or Delta or _____ From Home Depot should work. Just make sure you get the right kind as regards the optional sprayer (If you have a sprayer, on the side, make sure the new one does too if the sprayer is a pull out (like the Moen Commercial just now) well, make sure the new one is that kind) that is the only "Special" consideration.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Amazon has Phoenix Brand RV faucets for sinks and basins. Probably a couple more like maybe shower valves. After some comparison shopping I went Phoenix/Amazon Prime for both Kitchen and Bath Vanity. The new Phoenix kitchen faucet is a high lift one and we really like it.
The SPACING of the two holes ours mount into is standard, but some home units want a center hole and the RV did not have that. Easy half hour job to change both.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

deltamaster
Explorer
Explorer
The shower head in my rig failed and I wanted one that had a shut-off on the handle.

The OEM shower head is a wand-type device that had a swivel handle to shut off water flow while still having the faucets on. Very convenient for water-conservation showering.

I THINK I went to Walmart and found a Delta that has a pass-through shut-off valve that allows a little trickle (so the water stays hot) when shut off. Instead of replacing the entire hose and such I just screwed the new wand on to the existing hose and was back in business in an instant. The threads on the new Delta fit right on the existing OEM hose. Easiest DIY I have ever done! No tools required!
:E [purple]I ride it like I stole it![/purple] :B

.......and I just may have.......

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

2004 Fun Mover with a 1998 Road King and a 2002 Sportster tucked in the garage, Dragging a 2002 "RAM Tough" Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Ohhh what a haul!

TSgt(Ret.) USAF

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
YES.......replace with any residential faucet you like.

I replaced kitchen and bathroom faucets with MOEN.

And while you're at it buy a good adjustable water pressure regulator and drop that pressure down to 50-55# (static---no flow)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Mine leaked. Went to Ace hardware. Bought a replacement cartridge for $2.50. Installed. Works like new. You decide what you want to do.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

deltamaster
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, depending on the faucet, sometimes you can buy repair kits for them. Mine is a single handle type with a cartridge inside and it can be disassembled in place and the cartridge replaced without getting under the sink, inside the cabinet.

Repair parts are even available for the contractor grade faucets. Sometimes the repair parts cost very little and sometimes five bucks more gets new but weigh that with the difficulty of removing and replacing the existing one and the hassle might be worth just replacing the cartridge.

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

2004 Fun Mover with a 1998 Road King and a 2002 Sportster tucked in the garage, Dragging a 2002 "RAM Tough" Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Ohhh what a haul!

TSgt(Ret.) USAF

deltamaster
Explorer
Explorer
My kitchen faucet is exactly like the cheap contractor grade found at any Home Depot. I suspect (given other things I have replaced) that a new cheap contractor grade faucet from Home Depot, Lowes, or even Walmart would work just fine. As long as the fittings are the same, which they should be as was the case with my bathroom faucet, then ANY residential faucet will fit as long as it fits in the holes in the sink or counter. Heck, upgrade to a nice one! After all the faucet is nothing more than a glorified valve. The fresh water pump does not need a special faucet, only thing it knows is the line has been opened so it needs to pump when the pressure drops.

I say buy whatever you like and whatever fits in the space and spend a couple hours with some ordinary hand tools and DIY that leaky thing!

Just remember to shut off the water before you take it apart!

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

TSgt(Ret.) USAF