cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need new water pump 12 Volt

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I need to replace my water pump. Any suggestions on the "best" and "Quiet"?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
5 REPLIES 5

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
Pump reliability and noise are not related. The worst pump in the world can be installed to be very quiet. As stated above, a silent pump can be counterproductive. A little sound, just enough to hear it running, is the target and it can be achieved. Isolate from the deck and make sure no lines are touching the sides of the hole they come thru. Having flexible lines before the pex lines helps greatly.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Sandia Man wrote:
, plus I like being able to hear if it is running, even for a second or two that may indicate a possible small leak somewhere in the water supply system.

^^^This.

I want to know when the pump is running.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I added a home hot water heating circulating pressure tank with platter, in our motor home. I don't know if it's any quieter, but it does not cycle as often just longer.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, nothing wrong with the Sureflo line. We have had excellent results and they are very quite when installed properly.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been carrying an extra Sureflo water pump just in case, but all our Sureflos just keep going, my vote is Sureflo. As for quiet I imagine they have a quiet model in their lineup or a dampening kit of some type that can be installed. Ours have never been too loud across the 4 RVs we have owned, plus I like being able to hear if it is running, even for a second or two that may indicate a possible small leak somewhere in the water supply system.