Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold 1200LRIM, STARTS/STOPS ?????

BobnSofi
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

The fridge gas burner starts,and then immediately stops.

We put a dinosour board in years ago, and we will shortly try to reset the board.

Weird,the fridge does not work on AC right now.

Any thoughts from you pros? (other than changing it out for a residential)

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Start with the basics (assuming you have a 6212XX Dino Bd)

DO you have 12VDC to fridge....display panel lights work/interior light turns on etc?
NO...check the Fuse that feds 12VDC to fridge terminal block (DC Dist Panel)
Fuse good/12VDC at terminal block then check the DC Fuse on circuit board (5A)

YES.....have 12VDC at fridge/DC Fuse good
AC needs 12VDC to function but uses a 5A Fast Acting fuse. (Some use 8A if they have 2 heater elements)

DO you have any error/fault codes?

Propane lights then goes out
Spark Electrode could be dirty/sooted so clean it using emery cloth/steel wool
Spark GAP 1/8' - 3/16' directly over center of burner slots so it is engulfed in flame when it lights off

Is burner slots free/clear of debris and fully intact (not rusted out/falling apart)?
What does flame look like when it does light.....strong/blue/reaching up into flue opening?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Check to make sure nothing's fouling the flame rod. The flame actually conducts a DC electrical current when everything's working correctly. If a piece of rust falls from the chimney, it will conduct AC electrical current and cause a fault shutting off the gas valve.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Big Katuna wrote:
You can buy a new cooling unit. I bought the Amish made unit. They have a residential compressor version now to convert your 1200 to compressor type.

My Car engine starts and then stops. According to you, I should replace the complete engine????????? The OP is having a control problem. The fact he has a Dino Board makes the diag more difficult. He needs to contac Dino for troubleshooting help on a Dino board. I would assume a Dino board has different parameters than a OEM Norcold board. Dometic Boards and Dino boards do have different diag parameters. Doug

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can buy a new cooling unit. I bought the Amish made unit. They have a residential compressor version now to convert your 1200 to compressor type.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.