cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold N1095 - Freezer-20* | Fridge-Warm

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning....Freezer is making ice nicely.....Fridg is not cold enough to keep items from turning bad, but, had been great until this past week ...At 7,000โ€™ on propane.... We have been at this location since 4/18... Iโ€™m defrosting the entire unit to see if that helps..Donโ€™t see / smell any ammonia....Suggestions please as Iโ€™m unable to drink warm beer!!!......TIA....Adrien
10 REPLIES 10

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
.... Norcoldguy suggested turning unit to coldest setting & then disconnecting the thermistor, which I did... Freezer got down to 7*...Ordered a new thermistor.... Also found out that the fan on the coils in the back of the unit was inoperative; donโ€™t know if itโ€™s from bad fan or bad snap disc; gonna replace the fan with a switch operated fan......Anyhow the N1095 is doing good for now... Thanks to your help & the Norcold Guy!!!

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
..... Well the top freezer is working great & the lower fridge seems to be BEER perfect right now ....I also moved some stuff around in the freezer so that the air could circulate in the freezer...We shall see what tomorrow brings & will report further....Again thanks for YOUR help!!!

Vette_Racer
Explorer
Explorer
Over 7000 FT they claim the frig may or may not work on propane, manual tells you to switch to electric. I have found that the temp switch in the flue has something to do with this depending on the way your problem presents. If you reset the frig on propane do you hear the burner try to light, (sounds like a big fart) after 3 times it will quit. If that is the case try jumping the flue switch with a jumper wire across the connection and see if that helps with a reset of the frig. I ended up using a fuse to jumper the two wires to the flue switch which is an overtemp switch to get mine to run in higher altitudes. Good luck!
KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
.....Whoops, I meant FREEZER....

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
...... Defrosted the fridge, banged the flue & coils, blew out flame orifice & the flue.....On electric the fridge is now 40* & dropping..... Will switch to propane when the temperature settles & see what happens...Thanks guys for the suggestions; will give final results when finished.....

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If the fins are iced over, THAT is your problem. ICE is NOT a good conductor of cold transfer. The air in the refer has to travel over/thru the evap fins to have the Heat removed. If there is ICE build up, that will cause the refer to not cool. Retest after you defrost give it 24 hours. Doug

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Propane flame is NOT hot enough to boil enough ammonia ----freezer section is using up all the available cold ammonia liquid and not enough absorption left to effectively cool food compartment & contents

Propane flame has to reach up into center of flue opening and transfer enough heat to flue baffle so that boiler section reaches 350*F-370*F to effectively heat the ammonia into a vapor

High altitude causes an air lean/fuel rich flame which results in cooler temps generated
Fuel rich conditions create soot which can insulate and resist heat transfer

Do a thorough clean of burner slots, gas orifice and especially flue/flue baffle
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
... Coils look good! ...Every thing was wonderful until this week, we have been in same location since 4/18.... Defrosting unit now & we shall see what happens....Any more Suggestions??? TIA

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
7000' is going to make it work hard. That may be all it can do depending on the ambient temps.
You might try running it on propane if your not already.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
What do the coils (in back) look like?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman