cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Official unofficial CPE 2000i Generator Thread

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
8/1/2010 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: Champion Inverter and Remote Gens Promo on CPE's web site)

3/22/2011 edit: Thread renamed ...
Renamed from: Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

3/23/2011 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: (Un)Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

Inverter Available August 2010

Remote Available July 2010

2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540
2,927 REPLIES 2,927

MrWizard
every few days, while sitting still/camped
or
while moving ?

could be atmospheric pressure
going from low altitude to higher altitude, with a partial tank of fuel and the cap vent 'closed'
pressure would build in the tank and force gas out
just a possibility

orionpaxx wrote:
Quick question while on the road trying to trouble shoot.
Every few days I have to dry out my air filter because one unit will not start.
Has anyone encountered this? The filter seems full of fuel,
Stopping air flow.
Looking for reason this would happen!
Jay
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrRchitty
Explorer
Explorer
orionpaxx wrote:
Stopping air flow.
Jay

Definitely fuel? Is the airtube which goes from the airfilter box to the carburetor wet, as well? My experience on purchasing my first Champion 2000 Watt inverter generator a couple of years back, I opened the box in the parking lot at the Sam's Club and filled the car and the generator with fuel, leaving the gas shut-off in the on position, I drove home. It leaked fuel from a tiny little vent-hole in the carburetor everywhere. Turns out, that for whatever reason the float shifted and held the needle and seat open. Removing the bowl and emptied the fuel, shifted the float and it operated up and down with my finger, put the bowl back and never did it, again. That is the only think I could think of. Good luck. If that doesn't help, customer service.
Randall J. Chittenden
CT
Fire/Medic
Former Auto Parts Sales 12 years

orionpaxx
Explorer
Explorer
Stopping air flow.
Jay

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
FYI I called Champion and they suggest leaving the air cleaner cover off. I was thinking about this and removing the spark arrestor. High flow mufflers and air cleaners lean out Harley's quite a bit LOL.
2016 Cougar 26RBI
2015 Ford F150 CC 3.5L Ecoboost Max Tow

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
Angus_NB wrote:
This narrows it down fairly well.

site:rv.net "Official unofficial" CPE 2000i jet
Yep, tried stuff like that, thanks. Also tried beemerphile's search within a search for 2000i then jet and only got 3 results two of them were our posts and one was where I asked about jetting a while ago.
2016 Cougar 26RBI

Angus_NB
Explorer
Explorer
This narrows it down fairly well.

site:rv.net "Official unofficial" CPE 2000i jet
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4 DC
2013 Fun Finder F-266 KIRB
Reese Dual Cam HP / Prodigy P3
2 Black Labs - Lucy (Her) & Tosha (Him)

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
Angus_NB wrote:
It's best to use Google. You will usually get better results than most forum search engines.
To search a specific site using Google use the following format.

site:site to search then the keywords you are looking for. In this case try:

site:rv.net Champion 2000i jet
Thanks Angus, I use this all the time but I want to search just the 2000i thread. If I search the site I get Boily jetting and 3500/4000 jetting etc..

Jeff
2016 Cougar 26RBI

Angus_NB
Explorer
Explorer
It's best to use Google. You will usually get better results than most forum search engines.
To search a specific site using Google use the following format.

site:site to search then the keywords you are looking for. In this case try:

site:rv.net Champion 2000i jet
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4 DC
2013 Fun Finder F-266 KIRB
Reese Dual Cam HP / Prodigy P3
2 Black Labs - Lucy (Her) & Tosha (Him)

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Unyalli wrote:
How do you search just this thread? Within these 271 pages I want to search for jet or jetting.

I don't think you can search in just one thread. I searched for champion in the tech archives and then searched for jet within that search.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/search/parms/sw%7Bchampion%7D|km%7Bexact%7D|kl%7Bm%7D|f...
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
How do you search just this thread? Within these 271 pages I want to search for jet or jetting.
2016 Cougar 26RBI

qwerty11
Explorer
Explorer
qwerty11 wrote:
Has anybody made a box for this generator? I would like it to sit on an open utility trailer but want to shield it from rain and moisture when driving down the road. I remember reading somewhere in the previous 130 + pages about the ventilation path through the generator, but can't remember the exact details.

No one?

pelletier1974
Explorer
Explorer
We've purchased 2 of the champion 2000's and the parallel kit. The questions is: When paralleled if I only need to run one can I or do I have to unhook the cables?

Thanks!

qwerty11
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody made a box for this generator? I would like it to sit on an open utility trailer but want to shield it from rain and moisture when driving down the road. I remember reading somewhere in the previous 130 + pages about the ventilation path through the generator, but can't remember the exact details.

Beachums
Explorer
Explorer
Well everyone, I took the plunge and got on the horn with CPE in Cali.
After adding a hard start capacitor and completely isolating the AC circuit, I still could not get the two to run the AC.
After working with the tech for about a half hour (basically just going through all of the things that I had previously tried) he said he was just about out of options.
I explained to him some of the things that were said in this thread, and he agreed that it was most likely an ECU issue. After giving him the SN's on both units, he said he wish he would had checked the SN's earlier.
So I sent the ECUs in.

He called me last Friday to tell me that they have been "reflashed" and tested on a 15kbtu the use on site.

So as soon as I get these back and installed, I will be crossing fingers and pulling handles...
2004 Ford Expedition 4X4 3.73 w/quick shift kit
Reese DC Straight Line/ Prodigy P2 Controller
2010 Coleman CT 250 GS

CajunBuccaneer
Explorer
Explorer
professor95 wrote:
CajunBuccaneer wrote:
professor95 wrote:
Just an added comment on the extended run fuel tank I fabricated that is quoted below. You need to have the 2000i fuel tank full to the brim before screwing the cap that goes to the AUX tank on tight. ANY air in the 2000i tank or fuel fine from the AUX tank and it may not work. I used the AUX tank as shown last summer after a bad storm and it worked great but all air had to be purged first. Also note when you connect up and prime the system you will most likely spill some gasoline down the side of the generator. NEVER do this with a hot engine and let any spilled fuel evaporate before starting the genny.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Any comments on how to do this for a parallel unit. Should I dual feed from one tank or two separate tanks?

You know, the biggest problem with this set-up is the lack of significant vacuum being developed in the fuel tank to pull fuel from the aux tank. The ONLY thing you have that makes the vacuum is the gravitational fall of fuel for about 2" into the carburetor. I suspect you would encounter problems using a T or Y and trying to feed twins from one tank. My knee jerk is probably not what you want to hear - use two independent aux tanks and feed lines.

If there was a fuel pump on the CPE unit sucking fuel it would be a lot simpler - but there is not. Upside is not having a pump means one less part in the system to fail.

A small-engine vacuum operated fuel pump like this one connected to port vacuum on the 2000i engine between the tank and carb should do no harm and would improve the performance of an aux tank. But, I have not tested this and it might void your CPE warranty. Another issue is developing a way to get port vacuum sufficient to run the pump. As built, there is no port vacuum access on the 2000i. My thinking is a 3/8" thick spacer added between the engine and carb with at least a 1/8" tube drilled in the center of one side to supply ported vacuum. It gets complicated, doesn't it? :h

Thanks for getting back on this. You basically confirmed my feelings that one tank with a "T" or "Y" would not work. So I guess if I am going to do this, it's two separate tanks...

Thanks again, this forum is great!!!