cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is this valve for?

tbiker99
Explorer
Explorer
Any idea what this valve is for? I bought this camper used and the previous owner didn't know what it was for either. Nothing comes out when it's open. I don't know if it is a vent for a tank or a drain for the A/C, but I can't see why I'd want the ability to close either of those.

2011 Big Country 3494QBS
2006 Chevy Duramax,4x4 Crew Cab
Big Country 3494QBS
24 REPLIES 24

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
That hose is not a pressure carrying hose. It can be a drain hose, or a siphon hose to suck RV antifreeze into the system, or a vent hose like the fresh water tank needs. It would be interesting to close that valve and see if the fresh water tank stops working well because it pulls a vacuum.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
Get the VIN number, then call the manufacturer and email the customer service rep the pic - they should be able to trace it down for you.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
That looks like a Flair-It valve, with no nut holding the tubing, which looks like flexible hose, not pipe.
I vote for tank drain- that's not a pressurized drain.
-- Chris Bryant

Wrong_Lane
Explorer
Explorer
I bet someone at the Heartland owners group could answer your question. Here is the web address:

www.heartlandowners.org

There is a Big Country forum there as well

Safe Travels
2006 Damon Challenger 348F Ford V10
2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Blue Ox Aventa & Brake Buddy

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Might be an auxiliary water fill point. While boon docking I used to carry extra water or bring water back and they might have had something setup to pump water or even gravity feed.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Silly question time, since this is on the Grey/Black water tank dump wouldn't the Fresh water tank, drain, and pump be on the other side of the trailer?

I am with Old-Biscuit, you will need to chase down where the hose goes into the trailer and see what is in that area.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you had it open when running water pump or with city water connected.

Looks like it has a 'barb' fitting so think it had some other hose connected.maybe for spraying down with ???

Fresh water tank DRAIN???

Inside RV directly above where hose goes thru-----what is in that area?

A/C Unit drains are just small holes in drip pan and condensation run down roof line and off trailer
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Fiverwheel
Explorer
Explorer
Is it your refer dump?
2006 34' Monaco Cayman

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Suction inlet for winterizing? LP gas hookup for portable grill (or inlet for connection to a larger bulk LP tank)?

I doubt it's an air suspension setup, both because those typically have a tire valve sort of arrangement and because I don't think air suspensions are at all common on fifth wheel RVs.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Air bags for the suspension in the rear?

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.