cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

Lanningjw
Explorer
Explorer
can you give me more details how you did the TV mount?
2010 Roo 19
2011 Silverado 5.3 6 speed 3.08 axle ratio tow package HD cooling integrated brake controller

misty1040344
Explorer
Explorer
Could you tell me what length of screws you used. we have a 21ssl roo and want to put in shelves but afraid to use the stock screws because they seemm so long??

HeyJude wrote:
We got a few things done today. I finally put in shelves in that tiny closet of ours. I did most of it by myself, and being me that is a huge accomplishment!
Here is the start...

Getting there.... first shelf is on!

Finally done! It was more expensive than I expected, but the end results were worth the expense.

Next... Gordon put a bracket up for our small LCD TV. It wasn't easy since we couldn't use either side wall or the outside wall. He made a stand that fit on the shelf, he matched the countertop and it looks pretty good.
This is the bracket and stand that he made. At first I didn't think it would work, or look good, but he did a great job!

View of the back where the TV is mounted.

This is how it looks when we are going down the road.

Viewing angle..

And now my favorite mod of all! I put a soap dispenser in the shower. Boy, did it clear up alot of room!

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640X480px maximum.

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Misty1040344,
Purchased those at Target. I think they are for silverware. Or in our case plasticware!
Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

misty1040344
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering were you found those removable pocket things.
Thanks in advance

Lanningjw wrote:
4Jeeperz wrote:
Here's our latest:
Replaced the unused oak knife holder behind oven/stove with two removeable pockets for "stuff".

Moved fresh water pump intake to the lower drain position to access all water while dry camping. This was an idea viewed here on rv.net. (Get plenty of good ideas here!)

botterbein
Explorer
Explorer
Well, not sure if I should be thanking all of you, or cursing you! So many ideas, and wonderful mods! I've spent the last two days at work,(thank God my boss isn't an RV.net member) checking out all of your pages. Since I've only had the HTT for 4 days, my only mod has been to attach a paper towel holder to the bottom of the outdoor shelf. I'm sure there's going to be more in my future.
-2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
-2011 Rockwood Roo21ss
-Husky WDH and Friction Sway
-Prodigy 2 Brake Controller

ericwooden
Explorer
Explorer
Since I couldn't camp this weekend and the weather was perfect I did a few mods to our Jayco 23B from ideas I got on this forum. Nothing special, but because of my lack of Handyman skills I'm rather proud.

Added a Key Rack by the front door

Put in a little splash Guard in the shower.

Put some shelves in the Huge wardrobe.
2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L 3.73 Rear/Tow package
Jayco 23B
Nights camped 2010=21
Nights camped 2011=6

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
MiataRed...since you have a 19 I'll just make 2 of everything!
Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
4Jeeperz wrote:
Added plexiglass across front of the medicine cabinet shelves to stop all the stuff from falling in the sink after being on the road!

4Jeeperz - you gotta stop doing all thes mods - you're killing me - I like 'em all.

Nah, just kiddin' - keep'm comin' Great job.

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59....They are from Crystal Light instant ice 2qt packs. Label comes right off.
Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I like the clear cylinders that you use to provide vertical storage. What are they?
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
Added plexiglass across front of the medicine cabinet shelves to stop all the stuff from falling in the sink after being on the road!

Also moded our old Coleman Lantern so we could use it as a Roo patio light in the yard. (That makes it a Hybrid mod!) Took out the gas piping and installed a 5w cfl. Now we can sit in the yard and imagine camping.

Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

afob3
Explorer
Explorer
I did kind of a dummy thing when winterizing in October but it turned into a small mod of sorts.

I winterized twice with no problems until I read something here about making sure the city water inlet hose had pink stuff in it. There is a check valve behind the washer and screen that prevents water from shooting out if you are running water from your FW tank and pump. Dummy me always curious to see how things work pressed on the check valve while the system was pressurized and got a face full of pink stuff. In the process it dislodged the rubber washer that seals the check valve. I must have sat there for an hour with tweezers and every other tiny tool I have trying to reseat the washer. In the end, I got fed up and ripped it out. Found a matching size washer at Lowes at sat down at the kitchen table to rebuild the valve. Pleased to say everything held pressure properly with no leaks when I de-winterized today.

This old closed thread from the Class A section was very helpful.

Here's the mod.... The rubber flap that covers the fresh water inlet had crumbled apart from the sunlight. So while I had everything apart, I got a tiny piece of stainless chain and a pipe cap and created a new cover.

2012 Koala 25DS
2011 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew with Max Tow Package

www.familyobrien.net

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
Hey MiataRed,
Not too tough at all, and I'm no electrician! Take a look at this webpage.
Click here
Found it and followed his directions. Got my switch on Ebay for $3.99 delivered. If you need any details just ask as I have several detailed pictures.
Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
4Jeeperz wrote:
We have a few new mods to share.
Added a reverse switch to our Fantastic Fan so we can use it for exhaust or intake.

Hum I like that, is it difficult - or do you simply reverse polarity ?

Denis