cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

botterbein
Explorer
Explorer
segen77 wrote:
botterbein wrote:
Our rig has a valve that automatically switches tanks when one runs out, and changes colors when that happens. I've also found a local propane supplier that charges for what they pump, not a flat fee on the tank, so even if it's half full, we just pay for what we get.

i don't suppose you have a link to where i can buy said valve?

Camping world has the one I have:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/propane-auto-changeover-two-stage-regulator/24030
-2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
-2011 Rockwood Roo21ss
-Husky WDH and Friction Sway
-Prodigy 2 Brake Controller

lzasitko
Explorer
Explorer
Another way is to tap on the side of the tank, different sound depending on air or propane. Other way is to get one of the translucent fiberglas tanks but they are pretty pricey still

segen77
Explorer
Explorer
botterbein wrote:
Our rig has a valve that automatically switches tanks when one runs out, and changes colors when that happens. I've also found a local propane supplier that charges for what they pump, not a flat fee on the tank, so even if it's half full, we just pay for what we get.

i don't suppose you have a link to where i can buy said valve?
Aaron Kennedy

botterbein
Explorer
Explorer
-2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
-2011 Rockwood Roo21ss
-Husky WDH and Friction Sway
-Prodigy 2 Brake Controller

KMx2
Explorer
Explorer
I tries the hot water method, didn't work for me. Not sure what I could have done wrong or of it is environmental. When I think I'm getting low I just put the tanks on the bathroom scale.
Sold the HTT. Now camping in a Kelty tent.

segen77
Explorer
Explorer
good to know about the hot water method. worst case at least the gauge will tell me when a tank is empty (if I don't have hot water) Have any of you tried the sticker type gauges? Are they worth it?

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/gli-gas-level-indicator/4317
Aaron Kennedy

John_Betty
Explorer
Explorer
Gaffer222 wrote:
Nice mods. Those gas gauges are good for telling you when the tank is empty and that is about it. They should not be allowed to sell them as they do not work.

I had one of those things too and was disappointed on it's accuracy. The good old standby method is to run hot water over the tank; where the metal goes from hot to cold is your propane line....it never fails me.
John & Betty
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
2010 Keystone Bullet 246RBS

Gaffer222
Explorer
Explorer
Nice mods. Those gas gauges are good for telling you when the tank is empty and that is about it. They should not be allowed to sell them as they do not work.
2007 Ford Expedition Limited w/Tow package & 3.73 Rear end
Equal-i-zer & Prodigy
2015 Keystone Outback Terrain 250TRS
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of those gas gauges on my gas cooker tank at home. Found it to be less than accurate and wasn't going to waste more money buying on for the RV. Sure wish they made one that was accurate.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

segen77
Explorer
Explorer
did some quick mods today.

added shower curtain rod (although I had to cut it down because it was too big)

added shelves for dishes, shelves in closet, and gas gauge (don't know how these aren't standard on every trailer)

Also added curtain a cross the middle of trailer to create changing privacy, but forgot pic of that one.

Having a great time with all this!

Aaron Kennedy

lzasitko
Explorer
Explorer
We have a weather station, ie hi/lo temps every 24 hr period current indoor/outdoor, humidity, pressure. Bought ours in Costco for $25Cdn. I just have a screw with the head sticking out and it is a snug fit in the hole provided for mounting, so far has not moved. The remote sensor fits inside the tube (support for the spare tire) there is a small hole at the top of the tub and use a zip ties trough it and the sensor so it can't drop farther down the tube. Because it is behind the wheel it is never in direct sunlight.

When we are home it is mounted in the house. Range for the sensor is far enough that when the MH is parked I don't have to take the sensor and relocate it.

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
Thunderstormy, I have the same remote thermometer and have the remote unit velcroed just below the front bunk. As soon as we fold the bunks up, there it is and I grab it and put it inside.

I velcro'd mine at the back, on the vertical bar of the spare tire bracket - I only take it in at the end of the season.

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Thunderstormy, I have the same remote thermometer and have the remote unit velcroed just below the front bunk. As soon as we fold the bunks up, there it is and I grab it and put it inside. I left the remote in the camper and brought the readout part inside during the winter. Was interesting to see how well the campers insulation worked when in "Turtle Mode". Nice looking install on the light. If our Roo 233S didn't already have one, I would do the same thing. Have you installed LED's for when dry camping? Which inverter are you using?
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

thunderstormy
Explorer
Explorer
Have done a few more mods over the winter. Added some shelves in the wardrobe.

Picked up this wireless indoor outdoor thermometer at Walmart for $10. I velcroed the inside one above the radio and the outside one just below the awning above the door. Very nice to know what the temp is outside in the morning! Just have to remember to take down the outside one when we pack up.

I built a support to hold the tv mount so it can be swiveled in any direction and also pivoted down torward the couch. Also installed a 12 volt outlet behind the TV for the inverter when dry camping.

2010 Roo 23SS - 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD

thunderstormy
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has been telling me that she needed a light over the sink since we bought our Roo 23SS last summer. Tonight I added one.

First I removed the microwave and the support board from the microwave opening. The microwave is held on with 4 screws and the shelf board has a single screw in front. Then I measured for the light and drilled a hole down for the wires through the 1/4 inch plywood.

I measured very carefully and drilled a hole into the dead space below the cabinets over the couch. The space is about 1 inch deep and I made sure my hole was in the center of the space!

I pried down the thin plywood under the cabinets over the couch (it is held on with staples and was already loose) just enough to fish out the wires to the reading light. I used the clamp on splices to hook up my wires for the new lamp.

Hooked up the wires to the light and reinstalled the microwace support board and the microwave. Added a few small screws to the plywood under the cupboard to secure the plywood. Turned on the light and it made a huge difference!

2010 Roo 23SS - 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD