cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'll just buy one if I want one. Wife has to wake me up to get out of the bed if she wants to use the bathroom anyhow so the pump noise isn't an issue with us.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

RustyFairmount
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
I thought the accumulator tanks had a rubber bladder to help maintain pressure

Only air is inside it.

The rubber bladder prevents the air inside the tank from dissolving into the water and eventually water-logging the entire unit. Provided I periodically (ie between trips) drain the accumulator (turn off pump, open a faucet, and push a little air into the tank with a bike pump) it works as good as a bladder unit.

Oh, the other drawback is a bladderless tank like mine must be mounted vertically. The ones with rubber bladders can be mounted in any direction.

I got the idea from:
DIY Water Accumulator

*edited to add the URL from the site who's plans I copied.

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the accumulator tanks had a rubber bladder to help maintain pressure
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

x5rdman
Explorer
Explorer
RustyFairmount wrote:
2L Water Accumulator Tank
Made from 4" PVC. Capped each end. Drilled and tapped schrader valve and 1/2" water line. Installed with cut-off valve on hot-water bypass (no red-pop will enter it). Total cost ~ $20 for the tank. Quiets pump operation. Runs longer, but less often.

What's inside it?
2008 Jayco Ex-Port 17C
2007 Trailblazer

lzasitko
Explorer
Explorer
Generally where we camp we don't have cable. We do take along the small digital TV that normally sits in the kitchen at home. Other thing we always take is computers, at this point the PowerBook, the iMac and the iPad2 so we have lots to choose from for playing dvd's. I download and buy a lot of TV Series and play them on one of the computers. The digital TV up here is really spotty unless you have a huge antenna or are in close enough to the tower. Much easier to watch on the computer. I have an inverter that will run the computer or portable and iPad will run around 10hrs playing movies. Have used the portable one time when we missed the ferry to Naniamo and had to wait almost 3hrs for the next, gave us time to watch 3 episodes of NCIS. Computers or TV sit on a little bar with a flip up table across from the couch. While traveling they are either in cases or we have a spot where they sit. I would like to get a wall mount for the digital TV but so far have not. Like your setup for supporting the TV.

CUBBIEADV
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a little something I completed a couple of weeks ago. At first my wife and I were fine not having a TV in our trailer. As we have done more and more cold weather camping we are realizing how nice it will be to be able to put in a movie till the rain stops.

Now with having the TV mounted here we will be able to see it from the front bunk end, Dinette and the couch. Yeah one seat on the couch you probably wouldn't want to sit there and try to watch but with the TV turned sideways the seat is still usable.

1150ap
Explorer
Explorer
RandK-M wrote:
1150ap wrote:
Color is off but here are a few drawer

I like the drawers a lot. Right now I have two trays on the shelf under the sink. Were those drawers made from scratch or purchased?

Ray

Thanks they are scratch built out of 1/2 spruce for the sidesand 1/8 luan for the bottom
2010 Jayco 17z
2008 GMC Sierra

RustyFairmount
Explorer
Explorer
Battery Cut-Off
Marinco Park Power 701.
Benefits of this particular switch is that it is completely self-enclosed, mounted flush on the EXTERIOR of the battery box. No chance for electrical arcing causing trapped battery gasses to explode.

Also note the 2-pin flat dongle coming out of the starboard side of the battery box. That's a (fused) connector that I use to connect a solar panel, or female 12v plug for accessories (spotlight, boombox, air pump, etc.), or even an auxiliary battery.

Total cost was ~ $20. 3' of wiring, a 1/2" grommet, and the switch.

RustyFairmount
Explorer
Explorer
2L Water Accumulator Tank
Made from 4" PVC. Capped each end. Drilled and tapped schrader valve and 1/2" water line. Installed with cut-off valve on hot-water bypass (no red-pop will enter it). Total cost ~ $20 for the tank. Quiets pump operation. Runs longer, but less often.

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
1150ap wrote:

I like the drawers a lot. Right now I have two trays on the shelf under the sink. Were those drawers made from scratch or purchased?

Ray
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

1150ap
Explorer
Explorer

2010 Jayco 17z
2008 GMC Sierra

1150ap
Explorer
Explorer
merlisk. Your wall is about 1 1/2 inch thick. i would recomend you use 1 inch wall plug to secure it but first open up a compartment door and make sure how thick the wall is.
2010 Jayco 17z
2008 GMC Sierra

Merlisk
Explorer
Explorer
my toys wrote:
Thanks for looking at my mods. I had alot of fun doing them. The medicine cabinet I got at lowes. I just screwed it in and used double sided tape. It isn't going anywhere.

I've a newbie question. How long were the screws? I'd like to add some towel racks in the bathroom on my Starcraft Antiqua 195CK, but since it's an outside wall, I'm a bit hesitant since I don't know how thick the wall is.

Thanks for any advice.
Mike, Betsy, and two sons
TT: 2014 CruiserRV Radiance R-28BHSS
TV: 2015 Ford SuperCrew Lariat F-250, 6.7L diesel

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
you are violating forum rules by your post and your profile and i've notified the moderators.
you should be banned shortly!

If you really want to totally eliminate their advertising ability, you should edit your post and remove the URL. Just sayin'.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
i thought the mods would eliminate my post also, sorry
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes