cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

epeters
Explorer
Explorer
So, after thinking about how to carry the bikes safely but not loose all the room in the bed of the truck, I finally came up with a solution. It is made from wood and I use the rubber bungee/tie downs to hold the bikes in place. I've received complements at the campgrounds including where they could get one. If I had skills in welding, I'd consider building one out of metal vs wood, but I had to go with what I know.

Painted and on the truck

With bikes and supplies in the truck bed (gotta watch the weight now)

Erik

DW, DS, DD
2018 Nash 29S
2017 GMC Sierra
Retired --> 2004 Silverado Crewcab 1500
2008 Starcraft Antiqua - traded in
2003 Fleetwood Mesa - gone
Photos

turkeylord
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
turkeylord wrote:
Spring over axle conversion and bigger wheels and tires last night. No more scraping out of driveways and 65 mph trailer tires (had a blowout a month ago).

So what tires are you using?
235/75R15 Firestone Destination A/Ts that came mounted on the wheels from Craigslist. Higher load rating tan what was on it before anyway...

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
Link to my Starcraft AR-ONE 16BH minor mods.
Jerry's Campers

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
turkeylord wrote:
Spring over axle conversion and bigger wheels and tires last night. No more scraping out of driveways and 65 mph trailer tires (had a blowout a month ago).

So what tires are you using?
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

turkeylord
Explorer
Explorer

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
nice add
TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana
Camping and geocaching with a smile....
2007 Fleetwood Orbit 240 XPS
1999 Star Craft Venture popup (Sold 9/15/12!!!)

Haynaorno
Explorer
Explorer
added a cabinet style door to the storage under the table seating. Family wanted a place to put dirty laundry until we get home. Can add from the door and remove it all from the hinge when we get home.

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r759/haynaorno/image_zpsd472ad9f.jpg
2013 Taco LWB DC
2014 Surveyor 225t

Hoosierdaddy47
Explorer
Explorer

Giving it another go- you can see the plate (and the "stereo") over my son's head. Assuming this works...
Hey! Looka that! Thanks, Dan!
2004 Antigua 215 SB
2006 Durango Adventurer Hemi
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
DW-Indeterminate age
DD-16
DS-13
Olivia-Torkie
Balthazar-Italian Greyhound
Check my group (NOT page!) on Facebook-Hybrid Travel Trailer Camping

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Hoosierdaddy, here's a link to the forum's FAQ's for posting pictures here:

http://forums.trailerlife.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15775751.cfm
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Hoosierdaddy47
Explorer
Explorer
Still haven't worked out how to post pics, but I can describe it pretty well; the "audio system" that came with my HTT is basically a jumped-up clock radio with a CD player and internal speakers, dangling beneath an overhead cabinet. Good enough (Just!) for inside, but I don't spend a lot of time inside during the day! It does, however, have an A/B speaker switch and an open set of wires. I bought a 2-terminal in-wall stereo speaker wall plate (with pushbutton terminals) from Radio Shack, wired it to the B leads and installed it under the cabinet next to the "stereo". That cabinet, over the jackknife sofa, has a double bottom for running wires. An outside access door opens to storage under the sofa. Now I simply run the wires from the indoor/outdoor speakers I got on eBay in through the access door, up behind the sofa and into the wall plate, hiding them behind a nearby curtain and I can listen to music outside as well! Wait! There is that old three-amplifier car stereo system just languishing in my basement....hmmmm...! (Note to self: Bad idea! That thing'll suck your battery inside-out in about 15 minutes.)

P.S., there is a picture of the speakers on Hybrid Travel Trailer Camping, my page on Facebook.
2004 Antigua 215 SB
2006 Durango Adventurer Hemi
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
DW-Indeterminate age
DD-16
DS-13
Olivia-Torkie
Balthazar-Italian Greyhound
Check my group (NOT page!) on Facebook-Hybrid Travel Trailer Camping

Lonestar1836
Explorer
Explorer
If it's really hot (or cold), take a piece of reflectix cut to size for the bunk end and slide it under your Pop Up Gizmos. It will keep it more than comfortable in the bunk ends.

Mike
Me
DW
DD X 2
Gunny and Marley
Ziggy the wonder dog (GSD) Oct 2000 - Nov 2012 - We miss you Pupper...

2009 Ford F-250 4X4 Lariat Supercrew
2017 Rockwood Roo 233S

We're the third thatched roof on the right.

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is time for us to get reflective foil, it was HOT in the bunkends this summer.
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

TysonTDW
Explorer
Explorer
tracyb1101 wrote:

Then they had their Reflective Foil Insulation on sale 4'X 25 for 24.00 (reg. 42.99) so I purchased 2 rolls and started cutting covers for the bunk's windows.I have read that this helps keep your AC air in and the heat in the winter time in.

So I now have 2 1/2 bunks done. Do any of you cover your glass windows with this in the colder days of camping?

I use the Reflective foils in the windows and pop up gizmos on the top. Make a HUGE difference when it's 100 out.
2012 Rockwood Roo 21ss HTT / 2005 Nissan Titan LE / Curt WD and anti sway / P3 controller.

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
Did a few Small mods today. I was at Mernards last week and they had a few things on sale so first I found these "honey can Do" drawers which came as a 2pk on sale for $2.99 and the fit perfectly over the dining table cabinets..
here's the size if anyone is interested.

Then they had their Reflective Foil Insulation on sale 4'X 25 for 24.00 (reg. 42.99) so I purchased 2 rolls and started cutting covers for the bunk's windows.I have read that this helps keep your AC air in and the heat in the winter time in.

So I now have 2 1/2 bunks done. Do any of you cover your glass windows with this in the colder days of camping?
TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
Add these post for my sewer hose and indoor/ outdoor rug, after looking at the white post and my black bike rack and another photo on one of the forums I decided to put some the other fasteners on and spray painted these to match the bumper..

Close up of the new fasteners I like them better then the screw though the lid.

tomorrow I'll change the other one and move on to something else..
VJK
TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana