cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

06 GMC 3500 vin "D"

JPEC
Explorer
Explorer
What would the general toughts be on this truck??

2006 GMC 3500 crew cab long bed. It has the 6.6 D'max vin "D" which is the LBZ (correct me please if I am wrong). It had 55,000kms on and judging from photos seems to be in decent shape. I haven't seen it in person yet as the place was closed when I stopped by.

Few things I don't know about but am curious.....

I thik the GVWR is 9900...?? is it??

What would the payload be ??? I'm thinking 2500#??

It ws a former Gov't truck and don't really no what that means exactly, my thoughts are could have been very well maintained but could also have been very poorly used. Based on what can be seen seems to not have rips, tears, excessive wear on wheel or brake/gas pedal, No big dents or rust, but could have been painted....

Wondering would anyone think this is worth any consideration?? they're asking around $25000 for it ready to go.

We don't need this truck now, still content with the f150, but want to buy a 5'er and thought this would be getting ahead of the game, s well the heavier truck may tow our trailer even better than the eco.
Jamie & Paula

275BH Dutchmen Sport
2012 F150 XLT, Max Tow, Ecoboost
8 REPLIES 8

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
55000kms ? Was my first thought as well. 39000kms even more. 26k is about right if it is low hours as well. ... Considering lbz.

JPEC
Explorer
Explorer
mguay wrote:
I agree with all the previous posters but....I would do some more research on it! LBZ's are highly sought after. I would also check the hour meter on it as it may have been idled to death. Good luck and keep us posted!

I was thinking about the hour meter, wasnt sure if these years had them.

For the low Km's they actually have a couple of similar gov't trucks range from 39k to 95k.

My guess would be idled a lot, but normally a truck with a lot of use would show seat wear, steering wheels would show age pedals etc..

It's an hour away from me so was wondering if its worth the drive or not, I guess there is only one way to find out really.
Jamie & Paula

275BH Dutchmen Sport
2012 F150 XLT, Max Tow, Ecoboost

mguay
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with all the previous posters but....I would do some more research on it! LBZ's are highly sought after. I would also check the hour meter on it as it may have been idled to death. Good luck and keep us posted!
2007 Volvo VNL 780 D12/Ultra Shift Singled
2017 Smart Fortwo Prime Cabrio
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3715FB

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
It had 55,000kms on and judging from photos seems to be in decent shape.

55 KMS? Hmmmmmmmmm? I have taken care of fleets for my state and for the Feds and for the state they wanted 150 thousand miles on before we could survey them out.

The Feds wanted somewhere around 100 thousand but really did not have a solid policy on miles before survey.

At 55 KMS I would want to know why they are getting rid of it?
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
An awful lot depends upon which Gov`t agency it comes from. Around here if it came from a handful of municipalities where I live, the vehicles are maintained extensively and driven/treated with the highest care. These municipalites always have "waiting lists" of people who want to bid on their used vehicles.
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is a total******shoot with a Gov,t vehicle. I worked for DoD for 15 years. Some trucks stayed in the motor pool most of there lives. The trucks security used probably had 150 miles a day put on them at 25 miles per hour and have a ton of idling ours, others were over loaded banged up by forklifts or other equipment.

Most all gov't vehicle are leased from GSA and treatment and use was totally dependant on the end use agency.

Like I said total******shoot.
Just for grins and Giggles go to the GSA auction site and check out similar vehicles.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
glamisorbust wrote:
I would personally pass on it. $25k for a 7 year old government owned truck is way too much. I used to work for the gov't, and none of us babied the vehicles provided, more like just the opposite...see how much abuse it will take before it breaks. Keep looking.

X2
While the maintenance may have been good I doubt if it was trated very well by the multiple users.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

glamisorbust
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would personally pass on it. $25k for a 7 year old government owned truck is way too much. I used to work for the gov't, and none of us babied the vehicles provided, more like just the opposite...see how much abuse it will take before it breaks. Keep looking.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38'. Cummins ISB 275, allison 3060.
Toys pulled: 22x8.5 open deck PJ flatbed. 5200# axles. Sand car with ecotec engine. Multiple 1980's ATC's(3 wheelers). We're duners!