cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1972 Amerigo Camper Rebuild

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
After posting a few comments on another thread, I decided to start this one under a topic more easily recognized. I also have started a blog at: http://www.tcreviver.com. Okay, MKish, here it is. I'll post to it whenever I get a chance. -Carey
'03 Ford F-350 7.3 LB SRW. Ride Rites.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130
New rig 2017 Jayflight 31QBDS
2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
394 REPLIES 394

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Any vacation plans for anyone?

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
Lookin good!! Can't wait to see the finished product....

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
There is a 74 Amerigo for sale on PA craiglist for $200
Great for a project or someone who need parts.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Got a lot finished this past week... All of the walls are complete, including wallpaper and paint (and the ceiling too) The Flooring is installed as well as the hot water tank and the new roof air conditioner. Fridge is next followed by the outside door. That basically leaves cabinetry and finishing touches such as curtains and trim. We are taking her as is this weekend for a maiden voyage just 2 hours north to our cottage to open (the cottage) up and mow the grass. Phew. Is this really the light at the end?

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Thought I would throw this up today. These are the actual fabricated jack extenders that the dealership down in Arkansas made for us (600 bucks extra) Expensive but we needed in a hurry to get this thing loaded on the dually to get back to PA. Right now they work great. I may replace them in the future, but not in a hurry.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

walls are almost done and wallpapered. Ceiling is completely done.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
I thought so, (being able to discuss individual re-build projects) but I didn't want to step over the boundaries set up by the rules and regulations and expectations for the forum. I just go so carried away with the excitement each time we made progress. It has been a heck of a long haul. I feel so darn happy about the finish line, but so exasperated and exhausted by the long haul. I don't think I would do this again...LOL

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ms Wagonqueen, I think you should feel free to discuss anything you like. You have stored up merits in Heaven for restoring the Amerigo. Hope to see you on the road. In fact, there is the Overland Expo in Flagstaff later this month that would be a great trip. We'll be there with our Avion....

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
Truckster I believe that the purpose of this thread was for Amerigo rebuilds
If someone is upset Tuff !

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
well I was informed from someone on here that I hijacked this thread. Not completely sure what that means, but was not my intention. Sorry bout that if I upset. I shall, for all good purposes, start my own "rebuild" thread so that anyone else who might be looking (down the road) to find the later stages of rebuilding an Amerigo. We are for all interested, almost done with the interior roof, electrical, and starting on walls and replacing cabinetry.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure someone will buy her... I saw someone looking for one on Craigslist. Good luck with the move.

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
With much regret, my Amerigo TC is officially for sale! I am moving soon, and I'm afraid it won't fit in my new garage 😕 I just don't want to haul it over there and have it sit outdoors while I really don't know when I will ever find time to restore it anyway...

It's been sitting in my current heated garage since I bought it in the Fall of 2012. I have not done anything to it! It's still in completely in it's original condition with no "visible signs of any water damage"
. It is OLD and used, but is still a terrific candidate for a classic restoration. Pics are posted earlier in this same thread, but contact me for more info/pics.

I will sell it to anyone here for $700, and you have to come get it. Located in Fishkill, NY, close to Rt I-84.

Contact: DeVriesSigns AT gmail (no spaces) or cell: 845 2!4-696TOO

Thanks and sorry if I am "thread-jacking"!

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Also got the new furnace installed... electrical is ran... ceilings being put up this afternoon. Dare I say I see the light at the end of the tunnel?