cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 F350

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Eyeing a nice used one with 32,000 miles. 6.7L Lariat dually. Considering the move to Ford at least for a little while. This would be my first ever Ford. Any known problem areas with these trucks? How about mpg's?
36 REPLIES 36

FishOnOne
Nomad
Nomad
I have a 2012 6.7PSD Super Duty with 130k miles. To date it's been to the shop for a emissions recall, a CEL which required a Nox sensor to be replaced and a brake job.

I replaced one set of batteries, shocks and a few light bulbs.

Overall I'm really impressed with this trucks reliability and is a joy to drive and is very solid.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

DanNJanice
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 F250 with the same engine. I have had a couple of DEF Filter issues. Once halfway between Roswell and Albuquerque (had to be towed). Next time was on HW50 in the middle of NV. Luckily that time I managed to get it to "self-clean" by dropping down a couple of gears and driving it for a hour at 3000 RPMs. Ford never has come up with a good explanation for either issue.
Oh, also had the transfer case go out. Was in the shop for a month.
Now have a check engine light on for a sensor of some sort.
All in the first 30000 miles.
2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 F250 PSD

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
I'm really on the fence about trading. I've been in a Ram for 6 years now. The Cummins diesel is great. I bought it with 28k on the clock. Has 89k now. I'm getting annoyed with the rattles, minor electrical gremlins, and water leaks in the cab. Having said that, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. But I am curious to try something different for awhile. I do wish Ram would get off their behinds and give us the next generation HD. When that time comes I'll be in the market for one or the all new Ford Super Duty.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
?????
Dumping an 2014 Ram DRW Mega cab for a used 2015 Ford F-350 just need to ask what is wrong with the Ram?
I don’t think I would trade a 2014 that you likely bought new, for used F350, that is only one year newer.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We traded for a 2012 version of the truck you describe with 28K miles on it this past January. I really like the truck and it gives us payload to spare. The 6.7 is solid and reliable - and I'm a former life-long GM guy.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I own a construction company. I have owned Chevy's, Dodges, and Fords. My boy drives a 2015 F350 but not a Dully. It has 165K on it without a minutes problem. )Oil changes regularly) You have to know him, he can bust an anvil with a banana. Ford is the only truck that I can use in my company that I can depend on. I know that I sound like a dealer but I'm not. You buy that truck and you will never be disappointed. 16.5 Mpg around town. If you do a lot of towing or heavy hauling buy a diesel. If not stay with gas.
Don't forget there are good and bad in all makes, but Ford has proven itself to me for 40 yrs and counting.
Dennis Hoppert

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Any of the newer trucks are nice, and the newer Ford, with 6.7 has been reliable, even more so by 2015. You have a nice truck, how does the Ford compare? Take it for a drive, if you haven't. Friend has a 15 350 SRW 6.7 Ford, and loves it. Lots of tow power, reasonable mileage, can't say exact.

Jerry