Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 F350 Pics... Updated with Pics Finally

2012Oudoorsman
Explorer
Explorer
Hey All,

Posted pics of my truck a few days ago witha a short review. My Father in law got his new 17 f350 and figured you'd all like to see the new truck as there are a lot of ford fans and not much for the 17s.

As I said it's a F350 SCAB LB Lariat with the fifth wheel prep and fifth wheel hitch direct from ford. It also has the snow plow and camper package with rear sway bar.

Noticeable changes from his 12 F350 SCAB LB Lariat are bed height is about two inches taller. He also says the ride is much improved and that's hard to believe because it was much better than my 16 RAM 3500 CCLB. He doesn't feel a big difference in power but I was just by a guy whose big into ford and getting a 17 that they are debated for the first 500 miles or so. Enjoy.

It's not letting me attach the pics now. I'll try again tonight sorry.

And lastly a real truck doing work.... just kidding

16 REPLIES 16

2012Oudoorsman
Explorer
Explorer
transferred wrote:
I must say I do find the Big 3 specs hard to access, likely by design.

This should help answer lots of questions

It's states it's a dana m275. Didn't try digging for info on that yet.

F250/F350 Specs

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
Had a look at a brand new Platinum dually the other day. Price was $94,813 CDN!!
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

transferred
Explorer
Explorer
2012Oudoorsman wrote:
transferred wrote:
What size is the rear axle on the new 1-ton SRWs? Also, what does the rear spring pack look like? No worries if you don't have opportunity to answer, was just curious. Thanks.

Are you talking in terms of inches or weight capacity? I'm not a big ford guy but I do try to read as much as possible about all the brands. From my u Der standing they switched the 2017 trucks to a Ford axle. His rear axle weight rating is 7280 which is 280lbs more than his last. It looks like they are going off tire rating for that number.

Three front axle weight ratings have changed greatly too. His is not 5990 compared to 6000. Both trucks have plow preps.

From what I gathered there are 3 fair of 5200, 5600 and 5990. Not sure if the springs are different. If you go to the ford trucks forum you can read all about the sticker gate. They made it so complicated that it took them a while to sticker the doors properly. But hey it happens with all brands.

I'll work on thay picture of the spring pack. There's good and bad to having in-laws only a mile away right??? I can't believe I forgot about that. I looked at it many times and we talked about it but didn't take a pic. It may have an additional leaf and still retains the upper overload.

Thank you for the thorough reply, and haha yes I hear you re the inlaws!

Regarding the rear axle I was wondering if the ring gear is still 10.5" on the SRW Fords or if they joined Dodge and Chevy with an 11.5. Give that my trucks spends a lot of time on either large construction sites or the family farm they're often "overloaded" but within the rear axle specs per OEM manufacturer (10,900 lbs for our AAM1150). My 3500 SRWs had more than 5k of concrete/sand in the bed with the tires aired up no issues, but I'd favor the failing 2-ton for that weight on longer public road trips given tire and GVWR specs.

I'm going to check out sticker-gate! I must say I do find the Big 3 specs hard to access, likely by design.
05 Ram 3500 SRW QCSB Laramie 4x4 Cummins, 610lbs, 23k GC, 9.9k GV
(totaled) 16 Ram 3500 SRW RCLB SLT 4X4 Cummins Aisin, 900lbs, 25.3k GC, 11.5k GV
06 F550 4x4 PSD, 570lbs, 33k GC, 19.5k GV

2012Oudoorsman
Explorer
Explorer
transferred wrote:
What size is the rear axle on the new 1-ton SRWs? Also, what does the rear spring pack look like? No worries if you don't have opportunity to answer, was just curious. Thanks.

Are you talking in terms of inches or weight capacity? I'm not a big ford guy but I do try to read as much as possible about all the brands. From my understanding they switched the 2017 trucks to a Ford axle. His rear axle weight rating is 7280 which is 280lbs more than his last. It looks like they are going off tire rating for that number.

The front axle weight ratings have changed greatly too. His is not 5990 compared to 6000. Both trucks have plow preps.

From what I gathered there are 3 fgawr of 5200, 5600 and 5990. Not sure if the springs are different. If you go to the ford trucks forum you can read all about the sticker gate. They made it so complicated that it took them a while to sticker the doors properly. But hey it happens with all brands.

I'll work on thay picture of the spring pack. There's good and bad to having in-laws only a mile away right??? I can't believe I forgot about that. I looked at it many times and we talked about it but didn't take a pic. It may have an additional leaf and still retains the upper overload.

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
2016 and 2017 inside are different. I love my truck but am glad to see ford changed the top of the dash making it a little nicer. Also like the steps that extend past the cab.

Good luck to both of you!
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

transferred
Explorer
Explorer
Stunning truck and great pics. Love the new SuperCab, looks like it has similar room to the Chevy and old Ram QC which are decent for passengers. Old one was only fit for toddlers and power tools.

The SRW F350 4x4 diesels are great workhorses, and that thing looks like a Mercedes Benz on the inside.

05 Ram 3500 SRW QCSB Laramie 4x4 Cummins, 610lbs, 23k GC, 9.9k GV
(totaled) 16 Ram 3500 SRW RCLB SLT 4X4 Cummins Aisin, 900lbs, 25.3k GC, 11.5k GV
06 F550 4x4 PSD, 570lbs, 33k GC, 19.5k GV

Ctimrun
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Did Ford reuse the Old 2016 interior on the new 2017 truck?

No, the new cab and interior is very similar (very minor differences) to the 15 and 16 F150 cab and interior, which in my opinion is VERY nice.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did Ford reuse the Old 2016 interior on the new 2017 truck?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

2012Oudoorsman
Explorer
Explorer
Jim2007 wrote:
Hi.. Nice trucks... I like the step bar as they extend back to bed.. makes it easy to get into the bed.. I purchased a 2016 dodge 2500 last March but forgot to get the longerstep bar... Jim2007.

There's a difference between the Ford and RAM. The Ford one is about half as long and has a brace that attaches back to the cab of the truck. While a long brace it does have something for support. He also realized that he now can't reach all the way into the box from the side with the 2 added inches so he's very happy he got them. I think he got them bc I havery the longer ones on my truck.

The ones on my truck extend all the way to the rear tires and don't have a brace. They flex a lot more than the ones on the Ford. I just try to stay as close to the cab as possible. I wish they had another brace but I'm wondering if they go without one because of some frame flex??

FishOnOne wrote:
blofgren wrote:
Very nice looking truck! What made him decide to upgrade from his 2012?

He's probably like cummins24v that likes a new truck every couple of years.

Exactly. He trades his truck in every 4-5 years. Nothing was wrong that he knew of. He heven had one Def issue about 3 years ago and recently had a check engine light that went out after 4 days. He never likes having his vehicles out of warranty.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Nice trucks! At first glance that ford grill made me double take.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:

He's probably like cummins24v that likes a new truck every couple of years.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
DakotaDad wrote:
So I guess since they're related, that would make them the family jewels, then? :B

LOL.... :B
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Hi.. Nice trucks... I like the step bar as they extend back to bed.. makes it easy to get into the bed.. I purchased a 2016 dodge 2500 last March but forgot to get the longerstep bar... Jim2007.
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel