cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.7 cummins oil/fuel filter where to buy

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
So, time for another oil change, and fuel filter change. Is there somewhere to buy the filters without going back to the dealer? I'm looking for the same quality, but would like to save a few bucks.

Thx

Lar

2015 Ram 3500, Dually
17,000 miles
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually
39 REPLIES 39

Sinbadman5024
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Sinbadman5024 wrote:
Gary C wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
I get my Fleetgaurd oil and fuel filters direct from local Cummins parts house!

This!^^^

I'm surprised everyone doesn't do this, I've bought mine from the local cummins place since I first bought my truck 15 years ago. All I've ever used on it have been fleetguard stratapore filters, both oil and fuel. Just look up the right number and go to the cummins dealer. Reasonable prices, quick, and no shipping charges.

For the OP his truck will take the LF16035 fleetguard stratapore oil filter and FS53000 for the fuel filter. The last time I bought filters from my cummins dealer they were significantly cheaper than I could get off of amazon.

This is great if your "local Cummins place" is close. Mine is an 80 mile round trip. Not actually a savings for me considering time and mileage. That is one reason why everyone doesn't do this. Less expensive for me to buy online and have it shipped straight to my house.

Well mine isn't right next door either, about 24 miles round trip, but I plan ahead, and swing by when I am in that part of town, their hours are very good like 7:00 am to Midnight! Closed on Sundays.
It was well worth the drive when I lost the oil pressure sending unit. All the local parts houses wanted right at $200, called Cummins $65!

Anyone who has owned a Cummins powered vehicle long enough knows that the prices directly from Cummins are a lot less expensive, on most parts, than the Dodge dealer. At least they should if they do their shopping.
Shane, Ann, and Sebastian
2007 Volvo VNL 780 "Vlad"
2008 Dutchmen Grand Junction 34 QRL

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I use Frams in my Jeep. They are considered good quality by folks at bobistheoilguy.

Fram Infomercial
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Whats your source for info on Fram falling apart and ruining motors? "

Do a google search. FRAM bought MANY Cummins 5.9 engines. Rubber pcs would come loose and clog the cooling nozzles that spray oil on the pistons.

FleetGuard is Cummins own filtration company. The Mopar filters, oil and air are re labeled FleetGuard filters. Oil filter is high quality Stratapore filter media. The primary Mopar is a re labeled Raycore filter.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
just me wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Use ONLY FleetGuard, MOPAR and Raycor filters. Don't risk your warranty.

As stated, use what is recommended, and you'll be fine. Don't risk it.

Noticed that there was not a reply that said that they were using FRAM. Stay away from FRAM at all costs. The construction on there products don't compare, and, do fall apart and can and will put you engine in the scrap heap.

I've used Fram for years and years, not on a diesel but in my cars, trucks and race cars and never had an issue associated with an oil or air filter.
I stay with Mopar brand on my Cummins for now but after warranty is done may change. Whats your source for info on Fram falling apart and ruining motors?

Just google it...there are many
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
just me wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Noticed that there was not a reply that said that they were using FRAM. Stay away from FRAM at all costs. The construction on there products don't compare, and, do fall apart and can and will put you engine in the scrap heap.

I've used Fram for years and years, not on a diesel but in my cars, trucks and race cars and never had an issue associated with an oil or air filter.
I stay with Mopar brand on my Cummins for now but after warranty is done may change. Whats your source for info on Fram falling apart and ruining motors?
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
Well, guess I'm really up for changing my oil rather than going to the local Ram dealer. I have two estimates, one from the Ram shop, and the other from the quick change at the shop. $175, $165, using Rotella T6.

Gotta get some fuel filters ordered b4 we head south in the middle of the month.

Thx for all the info.
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually

Gary_C
Explorer
Explorer
Sinbadman5024 wrote:

This is great if your "local Cummins place" is close. Mine is an 80 mile round trip. Not actually a savings for me considering time and mileage. That is one reason why everyone doesn't do this. Less expensive for me to buy online and have it shipped straight to my house.

I don't make a special trip to get them, I stop by the cummins dealer when I'm in the neighborhood and buy several filters when I'm there. It's not too hard to figure out that I've got an oil change coming up in the next couple of months and swing in when I pass by. The fleetguard oil filters are shrink wrapped in plastic so it's not like they're going to go bad sitting on the shelf in my shop.

If you're anywhere near an interstate there's always going to be a trucking place that handles fleetguard filters. For those that aren't able to think a few weeks in advance and pick them up when passing by there's always Fedex and UPS overnight services.

just_me
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

95 Dodge CC #5 TST plate Flame Red/Silver
not totaly stock
2007 fiver
Tag Ma-haul has been suggested for a name but now The Shoe box

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sinbadman5024 wrote:
Gary C wrote:
rhagfo wrote:

This!^^^

I'm surprised everyone doesn't do this, I've bought mine from the local cummins place since I first bought my truck 15 years ago. All I've ever used on it have been fleetguard stratapore filters, both oil and fuel. Just look up the right number and go to the cummins dealer. Reasonable prices, quick, and no shipping charges.

For the OP his truck will take the LF16035 fleetguard stratapore oil filter and FS53000 for the fuel filter. The last time I bought filters from my cummins dealer they were significantly cheaper than I could get off of amazon.

Well mine isn't right next door either, about 24 miles round trip, but I plan ahead, and swing by when I am in that part of town, their hours are very good like 7:00 am to Midnight! Closed on Sundays.
It was well worth the drive when I lost the oil pressure sending unit. All the local parts houses wanted right at $200, called Cummins $65!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Sinbadman5024
Explorer
Explorer
Gary C wrote:
rhagfo wrote:

This!^^^

Gary_C
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:

This!^^^

Sinbadman5024
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Sinbadman5024 wrote:
https://www.peterbiltparts.com/filters is the least expensive place to buy filters that I have found so far.

FleetGuard Stratapore?

Here you go.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=peterbilt+parts%2Ffilters

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sinbadman5024 wrote:
https://www.peterbiltparts.com/filters is the least expensive place to buy filters that I have found so far.

FleetGuard Stratapore?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Sinbadman5024
Explorer
Explorer