cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

About to buy a Grand Design 308bhts

Nevfam
Explorer
Explorer
We're a family of 4(2 kids - 9,12) and 2 dogs. We have been looking, reviewing, researching travel trailers for about a year and have zoomed in on Grand design. I would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative regarding the Grand design 308bhts.
11 REPLIES 11

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased our GD unit not long after they went into business. With any newly designed product, we weren't too surprised when some problems cropped up. But our local dealership (Lazy Days - Tucson) was just terrible at performing the repairs, and actually damaged the rig. One call to GD, and they sent a driver to Arizona to pick up the rig and take it back to the factory. The repairs and changes they made were done quickly and professionally, and we had our FW back two weeks later. We've had very few issues since then.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

214skier
Explorer
Explorer
Nevfam wrote:
We're a family of 4(2 kids - 9,12) and 2 dogs. We have been looking, reviewing, researching travel trailers for about a year and have zoomed in on Grand design. I would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative regarding the Grand design 308bhts.

We own a 2016 Grand Design Relfection 308BHTS and love it. We traded an Outdoors RV TimberRidge in August of last year (which we also loved). We too are a family of four (my kids are 3 & 4) and felt the need for more space (we camp over 50 nights a year).

We have been very pleased with Grand Design. The extra space has been nice. I do need to note that moving from a 27' to a 33' box was a big leap. The rig is much longer and tows as such. Not unmanageable, but a different game all together.

The Grand Design fit & finish is on par with OutdoorsRV (owned by Northwoods Manufactoring of Arctic Fox fame). The biggest advantage is the post-purchase customer service--our rig is into the dealer for some minor warranty repairs. Grand Design has checked in with us twice to let us know how the process is going. Please note, this is the factory not the dealership.

I am happy to answer any and all questions directly. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Best of luck.
2016 Grand Design Solitude 377MB

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
When shopping recently I looked at that Grand Design and was very impressed. The salesman (who was a REALLY good honest guy) had great things to say about them and the support the dealership and his customers get. The only thing that killed that TT for me was the length (I ended up with a 5th wheel). I also spent about a year researching, going to RV shows and whatnot. The GD was up there with the nicest I saw.

I ended up selling out and going with a Keystone because I found a great floor plan at a great price. I'm sure I'll end up paying for it some day ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck with your purchase.

bogie514
Explorer
Explorer
While searching for a new camper we looked at several Grand Design units. One thing that stood out to me was how clean the campers were (no saw dust, errant screws, or random bits of stuff left over from the build process), even before they were PDI'd. Unfortunately, GD did not have a floor plan that fit what we were looking for.
2021 Grand Design Transcend 240ML
2017 GMC Sierra 1500, 4wd, 5.3L, Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Heavy Duty Tow Package
Equil-I-zer hitch

JoeyIVI
Explorer
Explorer
I currently own a GD Imagine 2800, and have been extremely happy with the product and customer support.

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own a GD, a guy I work with has one and he seems to like it when I talk with him. I do have a similar floor plan on the Open Range Roamer 310bhs. I believe the only difference is my unit has a slide out closet in the master. We love the floor plan, and we only have 1 4yo kid. With a family the size of yours you will love it as well. I'm not trying to sway your decision, but the bedroom slide is awesome, it adds a ton of storage.

Good luck in whatever you decide, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing a GD from everything I've heard and read.

dcg9381
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
I don't own that model, but I will tell you that Grand Design has one of the best customer support models out there. If you have a problem, they will make sure you're taken care of. They even offer great post warranty support.

Jim

Agree with Jim.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We saw a GD 2600 at a show & DW really liked the floor plan. I'll be looking real hard at one for our next TT.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer
We looked very hard at GD....but bought a Open Range.... They were better built... but real close.....

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Grand Design owners forum
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own that model, but I will tell you that Grand Design has one of the best customer support models out there. If you have a problem, they will make sure you're taken care of. They even offer great post warranty support.

Jim
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)