cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Weight For 2013 Ram dually 6.7

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering what everyone else's weight might be on your Dually. Mine on the registration says 8080 lbs. That isn't correct and the wonderful Gov of Cali wants to charge us even more registration and weight fees are going up. I'm driving the truck fuel tank down and headed to the Cat scales today. but was curious what everyone else might weigh. Mine is a 4x4
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie
23 REPLIES 23

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
SweetLou wrote:
KD4UPL wrote:
If you haven't yet been to the scale how do you know the 8,080 pounds isn't right? My '05 Chevy dually is about 8,500 pounds with an aluminum flatbed and tool boxes full of tools. I would suspect it to be around 8,000 if it had a regular empty bed.

Been to scale at dump transfer station. I officially went the other day and I am at 8300 lbs. When you have DP plates you are exempt weight fees up to 8K. I need to shed 300 lbs.

Idk what proof you need. Does a CAT scale ticket suffice for the DMV monkeys?

If so, low fuel, take out anything that isn't bolted down and some things that are. You have a fiver? Was the hitch in it? Back seat could come out easily for a day r 2. Is it a dually? Lose the inside duals for the weigh in. Remove front driveshaft.
Weigh it with no driver in the seat.

Think about it, you can drop some weight pretty easily if it's worth $.

Ahead of you but some of your suggestions I didn't think of. Yes, they accept a certified scale weight. I'm not giving this Gov the satisfaction!!
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
SweetLou wrote:
KD4UPL wrote:
If you haven't yet been to the scale how do you know the 8,080 pounds isn't right? My '05 Chevy dually is about 8,500 pounds with an aluminum flatbed and tool boxes full of tools. I would suspect it to be around 8,000 if it had a regular empty bed.

Been to scale at dump transfer station. I officially went the other day and I am at 8300 lbs. When you have DP plates you are exempt weight fees up to 8K. I need to shed 300 lbs.

Idk what proof you need. Does a CAT scale ticket suffice for the DMV monkeys?

If so, low fuel, take out anything that isn't bolted down and some things that are. You have a fiver? Was the hitch in it? Back seat could come out easily for a day r 2. Is it a dually? Lose the inside duals for the weigh in. Remove front driveshaft.
Weigh it with no driver in the seat.

Think about it, you can drop some weight pretty easily if it's worth $.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
SweetLou wrote:
Just wondering what everyone else's weight might be on your Dually. Mine on the registration says 8080 lbs. That isn't correct and the wonderful Gov of Cali wants to charge us even more registration and weight fees are going up. I'm driving the truck fuel tank down and headed to the Cat scales today. but was curious what everyone else might weigh. Mine is a 4x4

Does CA charge weight according to the as delivered weight from the mfg or after all the heavy goodies are added/tc in the bed/etc which can be a big difference.
In my state tags are a fixed price and registration fee is based on vehicle costs. No fees to pay for any type of weights.

In Kommi Fornia its all pick ups are commercial because someday you might use it for business. There is a formula and you pay the more it weighs. The dealers are suppose to weigh them at sale and they get a weight for you title which follows that truck forever. If the dealer was lazy and just estimated or calls them all the same weight, then the title is wrong and you have to get it changed.
We love our Westie

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:

We love our Westie

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
"the wonderful Gov of Cali wants"

How did you state senator and assemblyperson vote? Wasn't just Gov. Brown.

No, he bought the swing votes by giving promises to the crooked assemblymen
We love our Westie

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
SweetLou wrote:

Does CA charge weight according to the as delivered weight from the mfg or after all the heavy goodies are added/tc in the bed/etc which can be a big difference.
In my state tags are a fixed price and registration fee is based on vehicle costs. No fees to pay for any type of weights.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
2013 3500 Megacab DRW 4x4 Laramie, CTD, G56 manual transmission. Full tank of fuel, 20k sliding Curt (Ram) hitch, bit of junk in bed, along with DW, 5 year old son at the time and myself was 9,600 lbs. I was very surprised; was about 1k lbs heavier than I expected. All of us are very fit and not overweight BTW. Especially DW! :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 2014 Crew Cab Dually weighed 8400 pounds leaving the dealer. With tool box, fuel tank ( 75 gal), hitch, etc.. 10,000+
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Rich1961
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
Most states don't give a hoot about what the truck actually weighs - it's all about the door sticker. I would imagine California is no different.

Rob

In Kommiefornia they do care. Over 11,500 GVWR, unladen weight over 8,000 lbs, equals much higher registration as it is no longer considered a pickup. My registration per year for my Dually would shock you....

Rich
2016 Chevrolet/Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab B&W RVK 3700 5th Wheel Hitch
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5T

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer

blt2ski
Washington state does not care about door sticker. Only 1.5 times tare to the next highest ton. That is what you are registered for and legal too!
So OP would in reality, figure out how to get below 8000 empty lbs so he can register at 12,000 GVW. 14 gets pricey!

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Second Chance wrote:
I would imagine California is no different.

Rob

California is VERY different...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take it to a CAT scale and weigh it. Costs 5 bucks and it's certified.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

-lenny-
Explorer
Explorer
'15 Megacab dually, with power steps, tonneau cover, linex, hitch, stone guard, 50 gallon auxiliary tank (Full), two labs (75 and 55lb) and two adults (185 and 115 lb) puts us right at 10,000.