cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerospace 303 or NuFinish or Both?

_tpc_
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so last year I washed the trailer down, and then did the whole thing with NuFinish, minus the decals which were done with Aerospace 303.

I recall how much of a pain that was, trying to get all the spots around and between decals with nufinish, and then trying to again to get only the decals with the aerospace 303.

Felt like I was going a bit overboard on keeping one product away from the other.

So this year, I was wondering if there is a different or better way to do it? Can I just wash it and spray the whole damn thing down with aerospace? Or just coat the whole thing with nufinish?

I'm fairly sold on the UV protectorant properties of the aerospace product. But maybe its not good enough to use on the rest of the unit?

Or should I wash, do the whole thing with aerospace, and then the whole thing with nufinish (minus the decals?) I would just like to turn this from an all day project into a couple hour project lol.

Thoughts?
10 REPLIES 10

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
spadoctor wrote:
I use Nufinish on everything and Armor All on tires

Never use armor all on tires.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
spadoctor wrote:
Not a good idea to use Armor All on the tires, or anything else for that matter. It is petroleum based and does more harm than good. If you don't believe me do a search on this website..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

spadoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I use Nu-Finish on everything including the decals. I use 303 on the tires.

I also use Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer™ in between as a dry cleaner.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
303 Aerospace protectant is all you need for the UV protection. Any form of wax may make it easier to clean to stay clean, but it's needed. If you want to wax it, I recommend something that lasts a long time, think polymer sealant vs. carnuba.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
I started putting 303 on the entire trailer two years ago and it's both much faster and it looks great. I can usually get 2-3 applications on the entire TT per season. A few spots get extra applications including the entire front end.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

FLGup
Explorer
Explorer
NU-Finish on everything, decals and all on the TT except plastic door, window, skirts and other non glass type surfaces. I've never had a decal problem or white wax showing on decals. Just keep wax off that textured plastic stuff. I use 303 on all the plastics and rubber.
FL-Guppie "small fish in a big pond"
2024 Grand Design 22MLE
2018 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost, maxtow

MikeInOregon
Explorer
Explorer
I applied 303 to the entire trailer. I have so many oddly shaped decals, I didn't want to try using 303 only on the decals and wax on the fiberglass. Where should the 303 end and the wax begin?

I'm not sure which method is best. My logic was... something is better than nothing.
2015 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost
2015 Creekside 20FQ
ProPride Hitch

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
I use 303 on the decals and auto wax on everything else. 🙂
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just use the aerospace. Easy to do and provides the uv protection you're really after.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT