Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Affixing items to walls of Lance Camper

omiles
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

What do you suggest using to affix things like shelves to the walls of a TC? Was thinking 1/8 - 1/4" drywall screws. Thanks for any input!
9 REPLIES 9

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has been using command hooks. So far they seem to work well. No holes. ๐Ÿ™‚
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

omiles
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone!

skipbee
Explorer
Explorer
we've had good luck with double-sided tape for lots of stuff, some pretty heavy.
skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
That is a really great idea Jim. Especially in the area around the kitchen and bathroom.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wouldn't be great if all RVs came with a diagram of where the wires run in walls/ceiling? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Many have foam walls which makes figuring it out a bit harder.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lance hung a small spice rack in the galley. I was tasked to remove it in favor a better bigger rack.
Lance used screws and glue. It was the glue that really bonded the spice rack to the wall.
Removing the glue actually pulled off a shallow area of wall surface.

I can't recommend that type of construction. Instead, recommend that you consider the adp type expanding peel rivet.
See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMZLlmr8EHc
Or, screws and glue for cheap and fast.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
The paneling in campers is very thin, so unless you hit a stud directly screws won't hold. I personally don't drive any screws into the walls because I don't want to chance hitting wiring or plumbing. You just don't know where any of that is running.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

gregchambers
Explorer
Explorer
Lance uses 5/32" diameter "peel" pop rivets to attach their window shade/valance combinations. They "peel" open much like a molly bolt inside of the wall in the foam center core. Screws were originally used for attaching window shades but they would pull out as considerable stress is placed on the window blinds when operating. I raised one of my shade/valance units for a better view through the window and contacted Lance parts to obtain the exact rivet they used on my camper. They are easy to drill out and easy to install and hold very well. I would use some type of hollow wall fastener as plain screws will likely not hold things that produce leverage like shelves.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Dry Wall screws probably won't hold...especially for shelves.
I have had good luck with thin wall molly bolts for heavy stuff like towel bars.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro