cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

All GM trucks combined sell more than Ford.

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
To GM this is what matters. Not bragging about f150s being number 1 for 40 some years. Colorado and Canyon when added to Silverado and sierra outsell ford each month. Oh, and when GMs new 4500 and up trucks come out in the next year, those numbers can be added to the rest of their trucks. Trust me when Ford brings back the ranger, it will cut into F150 sales. Add up all ford truck. Add up all GM trucks. Now that's How it should be. Funny how GM sells more cars and trucks in America than Ford and Toyota. Its all in perspective.
110 REPLIES 110

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"I think both companies are successful. Does it really matter?"

DutchmanSport, exactly correct. It doesn't matter.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I personally like Freddie's steak burger, a small growing hamburger chain in the midwest. Truck's, I choose the one that best fits my needs at time of purchase. I have owned all three. I could care less who sells the most, unless I have stock in the company.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
For you Ford haters ( you know who you are) I have to admit my F250 was seen on the side of the road in south Ga. last week. Blew a tire!:B
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see the roads littered with cars or trucks from any brand. For many years it was "in vogue" to badmouth American cars and trucks at every opportunity in order to justify buying foreign cars and trucks. Fortunately, that crowd is becoming a minority.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
You can sell as much junk as you want, in the end all that's left is a bunch of junk on the road! Or............................

You can buy a Ford!

So the Ford is a bunch of junk left at the mechanics shop...?:W

I don't know, at least when my Ram breaks down and is left on the side of the road I don't have to pay the tow bill or diagnostic fee... I'll stick with the Ram for now!:B
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can sell as much junk as you want, in the end all that's left is a bunch of junk on the road! Or............................

You can buy a Ford!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Fast_Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
I just want to know what hamburger equals a Titan XD?

I was going to suggest White Castle, but I did not want to ruffle too many feathers.
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2009 Chevy Cobalt XFE
2004 Ford Freestar 4.2 liter
2003 Jayco Qwest 12A
ex: 1969 Dodge Super Bee, 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX
preserve the Second Amendment

Fast_Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
v10superduty wrote:
Mark, you have always been a vocal cheerleader for GM and that's fine.
However your statement
---To GM this is what matters.---
is not in sync with what GM has been stating lately.

They have been saying very loudly that profits are more important than total numbers!

V10superduty, you are correct. This has been their philosophy for a while, and it has been clearly reported in automotive publications.
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2009 Chevy Cobalt XFE
2004 Ford Freestar 4.2 liter
2003 Jayco Qwest 12A
ex: 1969 Dodge Super Bee, 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX
preserve the Second Amendment

Airstreamer67
Explorer
Explorer
MARK VANDERBENT wrote:
To GM this is what matters. Not bragging about f150s being number 1 for 40 some years. Colorado and Canyon when added to Silverado and sierra outsell ford each month. Oh, and when GMs new 4500 and up trucks come out in the next year, those numbers can be added to the rest of their trucks. Trust me when Ford brings back the ranger, it will cut into F150 sales. Add up all ford truck. Add up all GM trucks. Now that's How it should be. Funny how GM sells more cars and trucks in America than Ford and Toyota. Its all in perspective.

I'll tell you what's funny: GM went into bankruptcy and screwed all their shareholders and even their bondholders out of their money.

And to make it even funnier, GM was put back into business by using the taxes paid by those same shareholders and bondholders.

Now that's really funny.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
All58Parks wrote:
Calling a Colorado a truck is like calling health care affordable. Ha!

Well it has larger payload capacity than a lot of half tons and it has a real frame. The Ranger, I have read will likely be a Unibody. Now that is not a truck, but yet it will be marketed as one.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

rcmiller32
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Walaby wrote:
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
McDonald's has the best fries - and by my count more people pick them up in their Chevy trucks.

That is a true statement. I used to go to Wendy's to get my burger, and then go to McDonalds and get their fries.

Mike

I agree! When I at worked at both of them there was a huge difference in the both the quality of the fries themselves and the oil too. McD's changed the fryer oil every night but Wendy's only changed it once a week. By the time it was changed it looked like something that was drained out of a Detroit diesels crankcase.

Did not have to worry about changing a Detroit Diesel's oil it was always leaking out. Just add more.
2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP
2016 Ford C-Max Energi
Member FROG, FMCA, Life Member Good Sam Club, Member Coachmen Owners Association

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
In and Out Burger, and What-A-Burger are good choices too.

Although, if you ask any McDonalds fan, they outsell all other fast food chain burger joints combined.

Mike

Steak N Shake has pretty darn good burgers, but their fries are the tiny thin ones..so not a big fan of those.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Dayle1 wrote:
Terryallan wrote:

Sad when you have to start adding EVERYTHING GM makes just to beat out ONE style truck from ford

While which brand has what bragging rights doesn't matter much to me. But just for clarity, F series is not a ONE style truck or one class of truck since the series ranges from the most popular F-150 up to the F-750. OTOH, including the Colorado/Canyon may not make sense when just comparing Ford and GM since Ford no longer makes the Ranger. But OTOH again, when looking across all truck sales and brands it is reasonable to count any vehicle that is legally defined under regulations as a 'truck'.

If a lie is repeated often enough, does it become truth? The F-650 is not included in the F-series sales numbers, but many people claim they are.

To note, Ford F-Series sales figures are comprised of the following vehicles:
F-150 family, including the F-150 Raptor
F-Series Super Duty family, including the F-250, F-350 and F-450
The figures do not include Ford Heavy trucks sales results such as the F-650 or F-750.

Read more: http://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-sales-numbers/ford-sales-numbers/ford-f-series-sales-numbers/#ixzz4V5wFpdow
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
RinconVTR wrote:
Ford should make a Lincoln truck like Chevy has GMC! Ha!

Fords number also typically includes "All F-series" which cheats a little off Chevy and GM actual units sold as well.

They did. It was ghey. .......unlike a Denali.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, maybe we should dump a load of concrete blocks on these hamburgers or do an off center crash test on them since some of you insist on comparing hamburgers to trucks. :S

I'd like to think we took a stupid thread and added some value to it. For instance, I've got to try a few new places recommended like Cheeseburger Bobby's. I've never even seen one of these on the road but I'm curious now.
2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2016 Ford Expedition, 3.5 Eco-Boost
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP