cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

best Ram Cummins Forum?

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
What are your favorite sites for Ram Cummins information?
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion
30 REPLIES 30

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
I was a TDR member for 8 years.
The magazine you get is packed with lots of tech articles for the truck and for the Cummins. Well worth the cost to join.

The forum and the mag got to political with anti gov and right wing bilge. Even certain tech writers couldn't give us a good write up without anti gov bilge.
I dropped my subscription about 6 years ago and no longer a member.

Now I use dieseltruckresourse.com and cumminsforum.com
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
RVnet,lol

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
BigToe wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

TDR is the ORIGINAL Cummins/Ram enthusiasts club. Chrysler actually put a flyer in every new RAM glovebox until Diamler bought them.

I remember this vividly. The fact that Chrysler endorsed TDR in that manner is part of what gave TDR legitimacy and credibility as an informational resource. That and the conservative and cautionary style of the original editor and publisher... whose name I have now forgotten. Anyone remember his name?

Robert and Robin Patton are the owners of the TDR and Geno's Garage.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

BigToe
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

TDR is the ORIGINAL Cummins/Ram enthusiasts club. Chrysler actually put a flyer in every new RAM glovebox until Diamler bought them.

I remember this vividly. The fact that Chrysler endorsed TDR in that manner is part of what gave TDR legitimacy and credibility as an informational resource. That and the conservative and cautionary style of the original editor and publisher... whose name I have now forgotten. Anyone remember his name?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you want solid info from many that have great knowledge and pro's alike TDR is the way to go. If you want to delete your truck the other sites are the way to go, there you will find many complaining about their head gasket and trans failures.

Every May the TDR has a rally in Pahrump, NV with several Chrysler reps and other Diesel related venders attending.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
Geno's Garage and Turbo Diesel Register are where I look most of the time. Dodgetalk is the other place I visit. My CTD is not the only Mopar I have.
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

RamGuy2500
Explorer
Explorer
I've never had any issues with Cummins forum.
2018 Ford F-350 XLT, 6.7 Powerstroke ๐Ÿ˜„

BigToe
Explorer
Explorer
In the very early 90's, I subscribed to the TDR magazine, probably within an issue or two since it's beginning. I still have some of those early issues... somewhere. Precursors to the commercialization of the world wide web, I looked forward to receiving every issue, as a window to see how other folks made use of the increased hauling capacities brought about by the relatively new introduction of factory equipped turbocharged diesels in consumer pick up trucks.

Fast forward 27 years to today, with the web in every pocket, and I'm not sure if a civilized Cummins diesel forum exists. The choices seem to be between forums that are as quiet as a funeral parlor, or as cantankerous as a sports bar, with no middle ground inbetween.

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
gkainz wrote:
DieselRam.com - not as much traffic as the big names, but I like it. The guy that runs it has a shop near me and he's my Cummins guy.

Is he on Ward Road?

West of Ward off 44th in the Industrial Park.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
fulltimedaniel wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
Wild Card wrote:
Cummins Forum

Bunch of uptight clowns on Cummins Forum... can't stand that site.

x2. If you are not a deleter you'l get chastised. I think every tuner supplier frequents that forum.

Oh Good grief what a bunch of BS!

That site is no worse than this one for sure. For every one old codger who thinks he's god's gift to Cummins on that site there are TEN here who think they are the end all and be all of all Wisdom of everything RV ( and/or personal advice). And if you cross them or disagree with them they will dog you forever.

Sometimes when I read posts like this I think we are living in alternate universes.

My thoughts exactly. I was actually thinking something about the pot calling the kettle black...
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
brulaz wrote:

Yes, there's deleters, tuners, haters and anti-this and anti-thats but there's also guys like TransEngineer in the Powertrain section who really know their stuff.

You just have to wear your hip waders when you go into that swamp.

TransEngineer post of TDR also.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
Try out thedieselstop.com.
2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2016 Ford Expedition, 3.5 Eco-Boost
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
fulltimedaniel wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
Wild Card wrote:
Cummins Forum

Bunch of uptight clowns on Cummins Forum... can't stand that site.

x2. If you are not a deleter you'l get chastised. I think every tuner supplier frequents that forum.

That site is no worse than this one for sure. For every one old codger who thinks he's god's gift to Cummins on that site there are TEN here who think they are the end all and be all of all Wisdom of everything RV ( and/or personal advice). And if you cross them or disagree with them they will dog you forever.

Sometimes when I read posts like this I think we are living in alternate universes.

Heh, gotta agree it's not much worse than other sites.

Yes, there's deleters, tuners, haters and anti-this and anti-thats but there's also guys like TransEngineer in the Powertrain section who really know their stuff.

You just have to wear your hip waders when you go into that swamp.
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
fulltimedaniel wrote:

Pot meet kettle!
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com