Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigfoot Shower Help

AK_Truck_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
So......
Just bought my 2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot and its obvious the previous owner wasn't a fan of the showers.
The outside hose to the head is completely missing and the inside shower head is cracked and leaking (see the tape).

I'm looking for help identifying sources for the original replacement parts and suggestions for any lower cost upgrades to either of these item. The plastic that hold the inside shower hose and head are cracked plastic also.

Another question, on my particular model camper, does the inside shower drain to the gray water tank or to the black water tank. My previous camper (an Aplen-lite) went to the black water unfortunately.

Thanks so much!

23 REPLIES 23

AK_Truck_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Jim! I will get right on it!
John

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
AK Truck Camper wrote:
Shower Curtain Length

I canceled the order today for the vinyl shower curtain and bought the polyester curtain as recommended!
Thanks

Sure would appreciate any info on what to hem the height of this curtain to. As stated oringunally I’m not with the camper right now and will make a 3500 mile journey with it as soon as I’m back with it. I’ll take suggestions from anyone, but if an owner of a Bigfoot with a wet bath could measure theirs for me that would be a real bonus.
Thanks

2000 9.6 2500 bf....

Distance from the floor to the ceiling curtain rail is 71".

The curtain loop hangers to the floor is 68"

So I would do a 67" curtain... Bottom to the holes for the loop hangers.

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

AK_Truck_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Shower Curtain Length

I canceled the order today for the vinyl shower curtain and bought the polyester curtain as recommended!
Thanks

Sure would appreciate any info on what to hem the height of this curtain to. As stated oringunally I’m not with the camper right now and will make a 3500 mile journey with it as soon as I’m back with it. I’ll take suggestions from anyone, but if an owner of a Bigfoot with a wet bath could measure theirs for me that would be a real bonus.
Thanks

AK_Truck_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
stevenal wrote:

The panel is to thin to have much holding power with a plain screw. I use Wellnuts, which are reusable rubber expansion nuts. No sealant is needed if the hole is nice and round.

“Well Nuts!” Just when I thought I knew most of the available harware something like this comes along. The only downside I see are the size of the holes required to insert them. I will definitely get some for stripped out holes!
Thanks

AK_Truck_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
stevenal wrote:

Look again. That's the hose connected to the top of the mixing valve, and the other end appears to be poking out behind the metallic shut off valve attached to the wand. That shut off valve is not original, and should not be needed since there is a shutoff in the wand.

Interesting, that add-on valve probably cost more than a replacement head would have. I do remember that my previous camper’s outside shower head valve would let water leak by too! I’m going to hook up that hose and check it all out before buying another one.
Thanks!

stevenal
Nomad II
Nomad II
AK Truck Camper wrote:

Could you give me some advice on “best practices” for attaching accessories to the bathroom wall in the Bigfoot. (Drill slightly under size and just screw in?)
Appreciate anyone else’s ideas on this subject also.

Thanks
John

The panel is toO thin to have much holding power with a plain screw. I use Wellnuts, which are reusable rubber expansion nuts. No sealant is needed if the hole is nice and round.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

stevenal
Nomad II
Nomad II
AK Truck Camper wrote:
So......
Just bought my 2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot and its obvious the previous owner wasn't a fan of the showers.
The outside hose to the head is completely missing and the inside shower head is cracked and leaking (see the tape).

Thanks so much!

Look again. That's the hose connected to the top of the mixing valve, and the other end appears to be poking out behind the metallic shut off valve attached to the wand. That shut off valve is not original, and should not be needed since there is a shutoff in the wand.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

AK_Truck_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I hear you guys loud and clear on the holes. Never heard of Command Hooks, but I've seen them all now in the online stores and will use them. We already have some holes in the bathroom from a couple previous towel racks. I'll reuse the same holes and use the sealants as recommended.
This thread will definitely help me get away from a drill and screw mentality.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Kayteg and would try a solution that won't put holes in stuff.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are sure you know exactly where you want bracket - screws are easy and very dependable.
If you want to avoid holes that will be left if you change the design in future, dual sided tape from Home Depot comes in different strengths.
The strongest (red) can really hold

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
AK Truck Camper wrote:
Could you give me some advice on “best practices” for attaching accessories to the bathroom wall in the Bigfoot. (Drill slightly under size and just screw in?)

Thanks
John

I did just as you say with drilling holes & using screws to attach towel bars. Used single short pan head screw for each plate, being careful to hand tighten just snug. I used some Silicone under the plate to seal screw and give some adhesion to plate as well. That was many years ago. If I did it now I would use non sag Dicor instead of silicone. I had that camper 14 years with trips to east coast, Texas, and Alaska with bath size towels hanging on the bars and never any issue with the bars. We used a Polyester? shower curtain like someone else said earlier. To store it we would gather it into the corner by the toilet, then shorten by hitching it up in the middle and wrapping a velcro strap around it and around the end of upper towel bar. (sorry, don't have a pic).....my last BF and my current BF are dry shower. As someone else mentioned, I too use stick-on Command hooks inside the fiberglass shower for hanging stuff and they work great.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

AK_Truck_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
I would use "Command" stick-on removable hooks. WalMart.
I had a plastic liner for a shower curtain and hated it. I bought a polyester (I think) shower curtain at, you guessed it, WalMart.

Did you have to modify (hem) your polyester shower curtain? I was trying to find something that wouldn’t bunch up on the floor.
I like the idea of stick on hooks, but we still want the toilet paper cover and towel racks and I’m assuming I’ll need screws for those.
Thanks!

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would use "Command" stick-on removable hooks. WalMart.
I had a plastic liner for a shower curtain and hated it. I bought a polyester (I think) shower curtain at, you guessed it, WalMart.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

AK_Truck_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Z-Peller wrote:
Over the years I have taken those shower heads off my 3 different Bigfoot's and adapted a sink sprayer hose & head. Much easier to use and conserve water dry camping.

Thanks
John