cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bone yard

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a bone yard for campers and or truck campers?

Thanks
Ed
Please BUY AMERICAN MANUFACTURED PRODUCTS!
12 REPLIES 12

path1
Explorer
Explorer
No expert here, but had no choice to mess with 3 of my own and couple of neighbors. You have some very small letters probably around the 5 or 7 O'clock position. And very had to see. Write those numbers down and e-mail that pic with the numbers to glass places close to you, that say they do RV work. I think you're looking at $100.00 thru $150.00 depending on the market. Those numbers will give series, tinting, radius in inches etc. And you won't have to remove window frame (unless you want to). Take it to a dealer and he'll park it till a "glass guy" comes around, then glass guy will order glass, then give bill to RV dealer. Then RV dealer will mark up his bill $100.00 or so, and then give you the total bill.

My glass guy stopped by my house after doing some dealers work on his way back to his shop. I watched him every second. I still let him do some stuff. I ordered the weather stripping from him because there are many different styles and wanted to get what was right. (not going to mention about front overhead window that I put in and out 7 times)

The sticker is a "Hehr" sticker. Depending on series lots of parts available.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another place to look is Easy Windows they may have what you want in stock or they will make one for you,any size or color you want.

Their staff is very helpful if you have any questions.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I have got some window parts from these people. They also have complete windows.
It could be a Hehr.
Windows and parts

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Ed, Try this site Herd Windows for info on the window. I'll bet you it is a Herd window. As far as cranks, almost any RV parts shop that is part of a dealership has a catalog of about fifty different crank mechanisms.

Somewhere, and I'll try and find it, I have a huge list of salvage and parts stores.

As stated earlier a good automotive window shop can replace the pane, it will be expensive but I see the glass label is still on the window.

Dave
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
ticki2 wrote:
You could probably have that pane replaced at a glass shop . Worth looking in to .

I was going to put plexi in it but the crank mech is busted as well and they have the screen half rigged into it. If I remember to Ill post a close up of the screen. It definitely falls on my top ten list of rigs.

Thanks!

Ed

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
You could probably have that pane replaced at a glass shop . Worth looking in to .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Windows are pretty much generic. Measure it, take photo and many places have them.
Photo posted here could get a manufacturer.

Thanks Enblethen! I assumed they were all custom to the manufacturer..learning every day.

This is the beauty!

Kindest regards
Ed

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Windows are pretty much generic. Measure it, take photo and many places have them.
Photo posted here could get a manufacturer.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
RV doctor

Sacramento CA.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. Im looking for a window to fit my 91 Sunline.

Kindest regards
Ed

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Large selection of new and old parts
Colaw Salvage

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is a little bit of a distance for you, but I have used the salvage yard at Five Star RV.

Jay and the crew there are great folks with whom to deal.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.