cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camping World Problems

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered a new shower head for the TT 11 days ago. Realized yesterday that it did not come. Looked back into the email receipt and sent them another email asking whats up. NO ANSWER. Called later on. On hold for over 30 minutes! Then a polite woman said that its in process but couldn't tells us when and blamed it on a new computer system. I'm leaving in 4 hours and really wanted to try it out. Very disappointed in CW's poor service I would have ordered from some other place to have it for this weekend....
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker
30 REPLIES 30

carmelo
Explorer
Explorer
RV Parking at Camping World in Hammond, La.
Noticed the posts about poor parking at several CW stores, this one is SECOND TO NONE, really good. We have stopped several times with the TT, special spaces for rigs at the front door with separate parking for cars. Also separate parking for new rigs being delivered.

CCC
CCC
Pat and Charles C. Culotta, Jr.
Patterson, La.
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
EVERGREEN OWNERS GROUP

Bisker
Explorer
Explorer
Not fond of CW online either, still waiting for stuff I ordered over a month ago, one item did arrive, the others are still "in processing". Fortunately nothing was a must have and they still might arrive by our 4th of July trip!

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry the OP has this situation.

The thing that frosts my cookies is how Marcus (CW's CEO) sells himself as an expert that can help other businesses via his TV show The Profit. Yet they as a company focus more on marketing than on execution.

There's no excuse for the CSR not being able to provide a useful update on the status of an obviously overdue order.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunate for OP. Like he posted, I've never had a problem with an online purchase from CW.......except the price. And when I discovered there were better purchase options and pricing for stuff (Tweety's, Amazon, PPl's online superstore to name a few) I voted with my wallet.

myrvhasnotv
Explorer
Explorer
+1 Amazon prime

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
I am a big fan of the Undercover Boss Series on TV, maybe this is what they need. I know that stores will probably operate differently because of their location, personnel and management staff. It should not be this way, uniformity is the key. I have noticed that the Nashville location has reduced their in store area and really expanded the outside. They used to have a parking area for people with trailers etc before they did this. Sometimes a change is not the best....
Mark

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Ive been buying from CW for the past 12 yrs and never an issue until now. We even bought our TT last year from Kingston CW and had a good experience. They had the best price on the item which is why we ordered it. When we return if its not on the doorstep, we will cancel and get it somewhere else.

Whatever is up with CW this is a new issue at least for us
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Crabbypatty wrote:
.......I'm leaving in 4 hours and really wanted to try it out. ....

I am confused. You waited until four HOURS before you left to call and get resolution with the problem?

Assuming CW could resolve the problem, how did you ex CW to get the order to you in such a short time frame ?

I am sorry you had a problem, but waiting until then was a little, no a lot, late for this camping trip.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Big_Love
Explorer
Explorer
hohenwald48 wrote:
At the Nashville CW the parking lot is arranged so it is near impossible to use it with an RV of any size. What's up with that? Maybe CW doesn't have any RV'rs on their staff.

X2 - I was amazed when trying to park my TV and 29ft TT at the Vacaville, CA store that there was NO PARKING available for my setup. I opted to drive by and order what I needed on Amazon.

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
At the Nashville CW the parking lot is arranged so it is near impossible to use it with an RV of any size. What's up with that? Maybe CW doesn't have any RV'rs on their staff.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

rickhise
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't it be nice if management had someone in charge that understands a rv er's
Situation, the smallest detail becomes so important for the unit to preform as expect.

Here a 30$ shower head, CW lets fall into a black hole, u can bet your ass the salesmen are on the phone following with lending institutions on those pending apps

Sorry to vent. Been there too

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
See if you can find it at Lowes, or WalMart. You don't have to buy a shower head from a RV place. They all screw on.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
There is also a forum here for just such comments, you might ask a mod to move your post there. It will get notice from corporate. Won't help your situation, but it will get noticed.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
GENECOP wrote:
Amazon......rarely if ever a problem, become a prime member..

X2 I have never had any problem when ordering from Amazon. Camping World?

Ray

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Amazon......rarely if ever a problem, become a prime member..