cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

changed my mind about selling

Judy_D
Explorer
Explorer
after looking at the prices of new trailers and going home and thinking about it for a while I have actually decided to keep ours. Its paid for , We know how it's been taken care of ( did I mention it's paid for ) . Going home and thinking about it for a few days was one of the smartest things . Although I was caught up in all the new models and styles to start with, boy I would have hooked ours up , hauled it in and signed the papers that day. So now its haul all our stuff back out and repack every thing. But this was a good thing too ! I was quite suprised at how much extra and unused stuff we had .
And Best of all NO PAYMENT !!
18 REPLIES 18

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
Caboose66 wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:
Steeljag wrote:
I have yet to be at a SP that has not allowed a fire, maybe it has just been the timing.

Count yourself lucky. Campfire bans are very common in south Florida, during the dry season. In fact, it is almost an annual event. :M

Campfire bans are very common in "wet" Washington state as well. I understand and appreciate why the bans are put in place, but it does put a damper on things and takes away some of the magic. I am considering getting a portable propane "campfire" to use during burn bans as typically these are allowed, but it won't be the same.

Dean

We went two years without a camp fire due to bans and even when there isn't a ban, the wind is so bad that it doesn't make sense to have a fire. Last fall we got a propane pit and look forward to trying it out. It wont be the same but it ill be nice never worrying about loose embers or did I get it completely put out. A twist of the knob when we are ready and the fire is out.

Depending on the level of the ban, you may or may not be able to have a fire in a campground here. They are the last to be banned as they bring in money and people expect to have a campfire.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
nomad297 wrote:
How much are your payments?Bruce
Good one.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Funny, around here if it gets dry the sheriff may put a ban on open burning. But, it always is added that fires in the fire rings at the park are exempt from the ban.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Caboose66
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
Steeljag wrote:
I have yet to be at a SP that has not allowed a fire, maybe it has just been the timing.

Count yourself lucky. Campfire bans are very common in south Florida, during the dry season. In fact, it is almost an annual event. :M

Campfire bans are very common in "wet" Washington state as well. I understand and appreciate why the bans are put in place, but it does put a damper on things and takes away some of the magic. I am considering getting a portable propane "campfire" to use during burn bans as typically these are allowed, but it won't be the same.

Dean

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Steeljag wrote:

Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear that Bill. I recently spoke to a gentleman who is planning to get out of the camping life style also. He is retired with a similiar truck and trailer as you. He has reached a point where keeping and maintaining his large dually and FW, is just not practical. I'm trying to talk him into selling all his "over sized stuff" and simply getting a 1/2 ton and smaller TT.

I guess I'm just lucky to be able to keep my TT parked under a cover and on my property. Going camping for us is pretty simple in that we travel lite, and load our few items the night before. I turn on refrigerator the morning of, and we load up and rolling a few hours later. I have yet to be at a SP that has not allowed a fire, maybe it has just been the timing.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
tbred wrote:
BillB800si wrote:
We're going to do just the opposite. Think we'll hang it up this year. Getting to be way too much of a hassle. Hauling- maintenance- insurance- storage- modifications- reservation hassles etc....Plus the price of fuel is skyrocketing again- Gee just in time for summer camping trips.....

So you're getting out of rv'ing?

===========================

Yep, reached a time in life where hauling a trailer around doesn't appeal to me anymore. Just seems like a lot of extra work just to go someplace that can turn out to be a nightmare parked by a bunch of drunks. Besides more and more parks throughout the South & Southwest don't allow campfires and that was part of the magic.
I suppose I'll miss some of it but we will still travel a lot without the trailer.
Happy trails folks,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
We're going to do just the opposite. Think we'll hang it up this year. Getting to be way too much of a hassle. Hauling- maintenance- insurance- storage- modifications- reservation hassles etc....

Plus the price of fuel is skyrocketing again- Gee just in time for summer camping trips.....

So you're getting out of rv'ing?

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
After going to an RV show last month, sure was happy to have our current rig. Nearly every camper we saw had chocolate brown interior walls. Some of the bedroom areas were downright depressing. Will stick to our lighter interior walls which I gained new appreciation for!
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
I posted on another RV form recently a similar story. My wife and I did a RV show in Deland and spent time looking at all the new units. I can honestly say, I saw nothing I would have traded for. Our TT is a perfect size and floor plan for us!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

LewBob
Explorer
Explorer
It took awhile but we finally found the ideal TT for us (see sig), lightly used, now ours and paid for. Granted we had to go from Texas to Oregon to seal the deal but couldn't be happier. I still look at other models and floor plans online from time to time, but I can't image getting a different rig unless or until this one wears out. Lots of mile to go and looking forward to each one.

Happy trails.

Lew

2015 Casita Freedom Deluxe
2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." --Bob Seger (Against the Wind)

clubhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds a like a smart move.

We recently had a similar experince. Our family grew a bit quiker than planned and we outgrew our TT, which was a model year 2012 bought new in 2011. We deided we wanted a bigger floor plan that would fit us better. We put a plan in place, sold ours on Craigslist in Dec (took 4 weeks) and headed to several dealers to cut the best deal possible on a new unit. After grinding with a sales rep at one particular dealership and not getting exactly the deal we wanted I left. Once home I hit the internet looking for other options...stumbled accross a private party used model year 2012 in the same brand/floorplan we had just been trying to buy new. Long story short, went to check the used TT and bought it on the spot. Ultimatly I got exactly what I wanted, same model year I previously had, only paid $2K more that I sold my orignial unit for. We are now very happy to have the TT we wanted and even happier to not jumped into a huge loan.

We aren't as fortunate as you to have no loan, but we only have a 24mth loan and then no more payments for us too.

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
We're going to do just the opposite. Think we'll hang it up this year. Getting to be way too much of a hassle. Hauling- maintenance- insurance- storage- modifications- reservation hassles etc....

Plus the price of fuel is skyrocketing again- Gee just in time for summer camping trips.....
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, and there is no guarantee the new one would have been any better. If you have one you like and it's still serving you well then you might as well keep it. But, I also understand getting bitten by the "Oooo that new one is so nice" bug. It's a terrible dieses there should be a 12 step plan for it.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.