cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Check this out! A Dodge dually with a Ford 6.0 PSD!!!

vacuumbed
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Memorial Day!

27 REPLIES 27

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Is it a Fodge or a Dord? ๐Ÿ™‚

My neighbor has a Fummins; A Ford F-350 with a Cummins (out of a Dodge) in it.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

nofoolin
Explorer
Explorer
Using available resources to complete a tool made for work that will earn its keep and do the job. With all the work that went into that, bet it has been bulletproofed, or he has other options... Nice paint, no pavement queen, or even a lady, but I bet it works well. I admire the drive, initiative, and skills. Hope the guy ends up with a nice fleet someday, or whatever he chooses to do. Doubt he's a drag on the systems that drives taxes for the rest of us. Tip of the hat, and would call him sir.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lots of practical usefullness... dually payload, pickup box for messy cargo, tow capacity, tall enclosed secure space, high seating good visibility etc etc

Which of course makes it Not Cool nowadays - the more practical something is the less cool it is...(see pavement pickups lifted 3 feet)

but hey we live in semi-free countries -

Old cab over engine trucks are all the rage... this conversion will be a classic some day... ๐Ÿ™‚

Especially with a Cummings ๐Ÿ˜‰

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
jtallon wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, the 2017 Ford Superduty Megacab!

Mega Hideous Cab.... :W

BTW... I wouldn't own one either!
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
jtallon wrote:

LOL, that's good!

You couldn't give me that nor the vehicle in the pic!:B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
pitch wrote:
I'm betting that none of you guys consider yourself snobs!

The guy that built that could probably shame most of you guys to bits with his mechanical and engineering acumen and resourcefulness.
:B :B
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's a FODGE!!
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

vacuumbed
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
To the OP, did you ask the owner what was under the hood???
Maybe he Destroked the Ford van and in the process came up with a unique 5 th wheel hauler?

I didn't ask, I found the picture on a website for a company that specializes in fiberglass cab back for Chevy and Ford cutaway vans.

You guys are right, some of these retired ambulances are being converted to haulers. There are some Ford vans on there with Chevy and Ford beds as well, and a few flatbeds too.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe there is a Cummings in that Forrd?

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Typical scenario a Ford pulling a LAM.... :B or was it dudge back then.... Ahh hell lets just call in a lam for now!

Happy Memorials Day everyone especially our vets.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Could it get any worse.....a Dodge AND a 6.0 psd.....:@
(joking).

No kidding took an already bad vehicle ,and just made it worse :B

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd say Ford commercial van front, not ambulance due to regular van body behind driver's door. Then maybe van cab is planted on dually Ford frame (either E350/F350) with the 6 liter already installed as part of frame.

I think the only Dodge part is the Dodge dually bed.

It reminds me of a late '50's/ early '60's Studebaker truck I saw at a car show yesterday.

Back then they had a cut off Lark sedan for a cab, with a '50's Dodge pickup bed from the '50's. This was factory, as Studebaker didn't have much development money and had bought the older Dodge pickup beds from Dodge, who I understand had a bunch left over, after they changed bed style with new pickups.

This Ford commercial van cutoff mix and match job in the OP picture, looks well done.

LATE EDIT: I was busy pontifactin' when Vacuumbed spilled the beans on the true build. Well I was close anyways. :B

Les

vacuumbed
Explorer
Explorer
I'll explain what it really is.

It's a Ford cutaway van that used to be an ambulance, and it's now retired with the ambulance box removed. Sold to a private individual, they put a fiberglass cab back on it; and then a bed off of a Dodge dually truck; and painted the whole thing red. The Dodge bed was probably what was around that they got a good deal on I assume.

Almost all of these Ford van ambulances were powered by the 6.0 PSD from 2004 to 2010.