cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevy 2500HD Super Ike

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like it can do what Chevy said it could loaded up to the max. 2500HD Super Ike
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4
13 REPLIES 13

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
travelnutz wrote:
rhagfo,

If you could read and comprehend, the article clearly states it's a 2016 2500HD 6.6L LML Duramax that has 397 HP and 765 torque in a 10,000 GVWR Class 2 truck pulling a trailer scale weighed at 12,700 lbs. Absolutely not one word about it being a 3500HD truck like you claim.

Just so sickening and normal to have a Dodge/Ram owner making false claims since their brand of truck lacks in true at the rear wheels delivered torque and HP and the truck's towing ability which really does and has separated the men from the boys in all the towing ability tests for so many years now. Real/actual delivered torque and HP at the rear wheels is where it's at and what counts not a stripped bare basic engine sitting on a test buck for sales brochure etc claiming higher HP and torque. If it had the delivered torque and HP that is claimed, it actually would show in the real world of the many independent testing and competitions that have been done.

Must be the Dodge/Ram owners way to make them feel better about their fuel guzzling slow pulling over rated trucks and engines!

:R ROTFL
Wow maybe you should reread my post!!

Has nothing to do with BRAND! It is all about doing the Ike, in ANY Brands 250/2500!
The 250/2500 of ALL brands have the same drive train as the 350/3500, they are all weight restricted by their Class 2 10,000# GVWR. The capacity numbers for the 250/2500 have hardly changed in 15 to 20 years.
My 2001 Ram Cummins had a max 5er weight rating of 12,000#, in the 15 year since HP and torque numbers have gone through the ceiling for all of the big three.
Personally I don't see the need to even test other than to compare the ride between a 250/2500 and the 350/3500's.

There may be one wrong statement in this, I am not sure if Ram offers the Asian transmission in the 2500's.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We just did a Rockies trip with our 2500HD 4x4 6.0L w / 4:10 carrying a 4000 camper and it performed very well. I have no issues with the newer GM products, and as the competition is pretty stiff on the big three, I'd expect all three brands to perform in a similar fashion.

Otherwise - they'd lose buyers. Not everyone buys a 2500/250 truck to haul an RV either. Some use it for hauling supplies, materials, gear, etc for work sites. RV's are not the only market for that size truck.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
JIMNLIN wrote:
Walaby wrote:
I think all rhagfo is saying is the 2500HD is basically the equivalent of a 3500HD but badged as a 2500. If that is the case, then kudo's to GM.

Maybe I read it wrong, but that's what I thought he was saying.

People sure are thin skinned these days.

Mike

You read it right. Its more than just being thin skinned in this case.

The newer gen 250/2500 trucks in some cases are mechanically the same as a 350/3500....with exception of the rear main spring package in some cases and tires and wheels when looking at each mfg spec sheets.

I think that's exactly what Russ is saying.

The only real exception to that rule is the Ram 3500 SRW and the Ram 2500 SRW starting about 2014 when the 3500 had the leaf spring rear suspension and the 2500 went to coil springs and a 4 link (IIRC, I can't remember what # of links there are.)

Sometimes there are different tiresas well...not much of a big deal.

I like the men from the boys comment...like a truck makes a man...Hahahaha...it doesn't...it's just a tool...that's all...just a tool. A very expensive tool.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree that the GM 2500 HD is probably as strong as a 3500, and I took that as a compliment.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
rhagfo,

If you could read and comprehend, the article clearly states it's a 2016 2500HD 6.6L LML Duramax that has 397 HP and 765 torque in a 10,000 GVWR Class 2 truck pulling a trailer scale weighed at 12,700 lbs. Absolutely not one word about it being a 3500HD truck like you claim.

Just so sickening and normal to have a Dodge/Ram owner making false claims since their brand of truck lacks in true at the rear wheels delivered torque and HP and the truck's towing ability which really does and has separated the men from the boys in all the towing ability tests for so many years now. Real/actual delivered torque and HP at the rear wheels is where it's at and what counts not a stripped bare basic engine sitting on a test buck for sales brochure etc claiming higher HP and torque. If it had the delivered torque and HP that is claimed, it actually would show in the real world of the many independent testing and competitions that have been done.

Must be the Dodge/Ram owners way to make them feel better about their fuel guzzling slow pulling over rated trucks and engines!

You might want to zip up - your insecurity is showing.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
I think all rhagfo is saying is the 2500HD is basically the equivalent of a 3500HD but badged as a 2500. If that is the case, then kudo's to GM.

Mike

You read it right. Its more than just being thin skinned in this case.

The newer gen 250/2500 trucks in some cases are mechanically the same as a 350/3500....with exception of the rear main spring package in some cases and tires and wheels when looking at each mfg spec sheets.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"If you could read and comprehend".

What a great way to respond to a post. Maybe try to stick to facts you will be more credible.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
Towing like that, NO height or wind issues is no challenge for the GM HD with that weight.

Try it will a 10,000 lb 5'er in a crosswind - that's a real test.

10k 5er in a crosswind = no big deal
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo,

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
monkey44 wrote:
Towing like that, NO height or wind issues is no challenge for the GM HD with that weight.

Even that would not be a really be a challenge!!

Come on no matter what the testers state, this rig is a 3500, with just the 10,000# Class 2 limitation.

Any one of the big three 250/2500's would look this good! :S
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The forum regular trollers will be here in a bit but the test was no surprise for just 12k lbs.
GM/Ram or Ford new 250/2500 diesel powered trucks will have no problems with towing a 12k lb any type of trailer.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides