Explorer
:R

Actual prices from Chevy :

https://www.chevrolet.com/trucks/silverado/2500hd-3500hd
37 REPLIES 37

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
GM could revive the Pontiac brand and turn out some noseworthy designs...

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Grit...thanks for the kind words...but it is not a hate thing with me on any of the new full sized trucks...just don't like them

Maybe they will grow on me...

Do like the GM/GMC Canyon & Colorado

Glad you like the older models...me too...and no reason to update anytime soon...maybe when they come out with a GM big block with direct injection (yeah, am a gasoline guy and do NOT hate diesel, just don't like them...nor see any reason for 'me' to change)

My 1996 Suburban

Click For Full-Size Image.

My 1973 K5 in Boise...visited in laws twice each year (pic before conversion to Dana 60 front and GM 14 bolt rear)

Click For Full-Size Image.
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
BenK wrote:
Not just GM, but most all of the full sized pickups look like monsters with another pickup front end stacked on top of it...so a double stack front end...

Of course driven by marketing survey's of owners and wannabe owners (fashion statement crowd) who like this sort of thing...and thinks 'looks' has a lot to do with how tough/strong/etc it is...

Cmon Ben, you're one of the smartest automobile dudes on this forum and to add to it, my fave GM truck for bang for the buck is still probably the GMT 400s (aka YOUR burb) and they look good too!
One of my next faves is the squarebody c/k trucks 73-87s. Been eyeing some up recently, love to have one.

BUUUUT, why you gotta be a hater on the new rigs. We don't hate yours...
Want luxury, capability and enough power to, well, sht, tow a house, you gonna need a double stacked hood. You can't put 4 horses in a 2 horse trailer very well and 1000ftlbs of fire breathing torque don't fit very well under the hood of a Mazda, or a 75 K20 Chevy either. (but that's because of emissions cr@p, I could get the engine to fit!)

Honestly, it's in poor taste (not for the new Chevies, I agree, they ARE fugly) to hear this kind of distaste for the new trucks come from a gear head such as yourself....
Cheers!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^^ Here Here!!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
WVcampground wrote:
So this thread went from a picture taken from some click bait article probably put up on Yahoo or some other total waste of bandwidth, to a good old fashioned Chevy bashing, followed by a Tesla argument, then it morphs into some kind of half arsed online class about marketing,which is followed up by scripture?

I just read another thread titled "What happened to all the posts?"
Boy I wonder LOL.

So the new guy comes at us with some good ole common sense?! Please leave? We don't need any of that clogging up our threads!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
WVcampground wrote:
So this thread went from a picture taken from some click bait article probably put up on Yahoo or some other total waste of bandwidth, to a good old fashioned Chevy bashing, followed by a Tesla argument, then it morphs into some kind of half arsed online class about marketing,which is followed up by scripture?

Boy I wonder LOL.
This thread went through all that and ended up with someone, of course, saying "This is why no one posts".

Does anyone realize there is a "Hide" button that will effectively do away with any post they don't want to read? Don't like the thread, don't read it. Easy peasy.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
WVcampground wrote:

Boy I wonder LOL.

In other words, you can count yourself as one of the victims of click-bait.:B

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Not just GM, but most all of the full sized pickups look like monsters with another pickup front end stacked on top of it...so a double stack front end...

Of course driven by marketing survey's of owners and wannabe owners (fashion statement crowd) who like this sort of thing...and thinks 'looks' has a lot to do with how tough/strong/etc it is...
-Ben Picture of my rig
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer

Boy I wonder LOL.
"Now the Subaru with the โ€œcoexistโ€ sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi thatโ€™s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah Iโ€™ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Proverbs 26.4...

fj12ryder wrote:
Never mind.
-Ben Picture of my rig

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Never mind.

Just as I suspected...:B

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Never mind.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
"It would have been unethical for Musk had he promised a $35,000 car on those who sign up for pre-order and wait listed if it's not at that price when finally their numbers are up and called. They did not raise the price and still the price point is available for standard or basic Tesla 3 unit."

But that's what he did when the Model 3 was first introduced, have you not been paying attention? The people who signed up for the $35,000 Model 3 were informed there were no $35,000 Model 3 available, but they could get a Model 3 if they wanted to pay thousands of dollars more, or wait a couple years. Any way you look at it, that's upselling, and yes, it is unethical.

Who is your source, my friend got his base unit at $35,000 plus with the add-on, matt finish ?

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
"It would have been unethical for Musk had he promised a $35,000 car on those who sign up for pre-order and wait listed if it's not at that price when finally their numbers are up and called. They did not raise the price and still the price point is available for standard or basic Tesla 3 unit."

But that's what he did when the Model 3 was first introduced, have you not been paying attention? The people who signed up for the $35,000 Model 3 were informed there were no $35,000 Model 3 available, but they could get a Model 3 if they wanted to pay thousands of dollars more, or wait a couple years. Any way you look at it, that's upselling, and yes, it is unethical.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"