cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
we added cabinet doors on un-accessible space on the overhead cabinet by the couch and the bedroom:

Painted raw wood above the inner shower dome and added a new hand held shower head - guess what kind!!!

Added drawer under bed - I'm planning on using it for the dirty clothes hamper.

Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

HighCover
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry can on the rear bumper.

2010 F-150, 5.4L, 3.73
2011 Edge M17

larry_kruzan
Explorer
Explorer
dougwhite wrote:
John H wrote:
Are you old enough to remember at the barber shop built into his cabinetry,

Thanks for the barber shop comment, you made me feel like a kid again. That brought back many memories of that smell of the hair tonics, the sounds of the clippers, the old guys sitting around talking politics or what ever the subject of the day was....
makes me long for those simpler times and the days when I had hair LOL!

Me too Doug and John. One of the things I recalled too were the bottles of hair tonics all in a roll = each a different color and smell. Those fresh odors mingled with the cigar and pipe smoke - our barber did not allow cigerettes to be smoked in his shop but cigars and pipes were just fine.
Larry and Debbie Kruzan

We never turn a corner without wondering in amazement at God's creation!

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Landry wrote:
I'm also trying to figure out how to put a dirty clothes place under the bed.

I had a drawer made at the foot of the bed (sorry no pics and TT is in winter storage) that I was planning on using for more storage BUT I think I just found my new hamper!!!!
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

dougwhite
Explorer
Explorer
John H wrote:
Are you old enough to remember at the barber shop built into his cabinetry,

Thanks for the barber shop comment, you made me feel like a kid again. That brought back many memories of that smell of the hair tonics, the sounds of the clippers, the old guys sitting around talking politics or what ever the subject of the day was....
makes me long for those simpler times and the days when I had hair LOL!
Doug & Gail
Sebastion (Yorkie on steroids)
Prissy (Diva Yorkie-Pekingeese mix)
Midland, TX

HOOK 'EM HORNS!

John_H
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Bob,
Consider this, I had intended to do it on our 5th but never did in finnding another solution. Are you old enough to remember at the barber shop built into his cabinetry, (usually on the very top front side) was a bottom hinged door. On to the back of this door was fastened a rounded top piece of metal. So when he pulled the door down he could drop his towels down into a bin, withe the metal sides as a kind of funneling side guides.
You could do this but lacking a bin but rather a sectioned off section from benith the area below the bed.
John H

Bob_Landry
Explorer
Explorer
cdevill wrote:
I've got a very well stocked wood shop and do custom woodwork so I'm making dividers for under the Queen bed for storage and replacing all of the plywood/luan drawer interiors with reall hard wood (cherry) to make them stronger and to also make more divider space. I've added shelves in the cabinets too so there is another layer of storage and things won't have room to slide around. I've already got the other goodies... (power awning, power stabilizers and tounge jack, airbed) One very handy addition is one of those COSCO ladders that telescope and go from a step ladder to a 17th flat ladder. It all folds up less than 4 1/2 ft long and slides right into my storage. OH, and "shoeboxes" from the Dollar Store in all sizes and are clear so you can see what you have stored in them. I found ones that fit right in my stow areas and are stackable.

I'm also woodworker. I hope you'll post photos of the bed dividers. I'm also trying to figure out how to put a dirty clothes place under the bed.
2011 Keystone Outback 277RL

cdevill
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a very well stocked wood shop and do custom woodwork so I'm making dividers for under the Queen bed for storage and replacing all of the plywood/luan drawer interiors with reall hard wood (cherry) to make them stronger and to also make more divider space. I've added shelves in the cabinets too so there is another layer of storage and things won't have room to slide around. I've already got the other goodies... (power awning, power stabilizers and tounge jack, airbed) One very handy addition is one of those COSCO ladders that telescope and go from a step ladder to a 17th flat ladder. It all folds up less than 4 1/2 ft long and slides right into my storage. OH, and "shoeboxes" from the Dollar Store in all sizes and are clear so you can see what you have stored in them. I found ones that fit right in my stow areas and are stackable.
Chris, Beth Ann, Andrew and Lydia
2011 Keystone Springdale 296BHSSR
03 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad 4x4, 4.7L

larry_kruzan
Explorer
Explorer
Come on guys - look at the time stamps, the answer from technoholic just showed up before my question for some reason. PamfromVA was linking a different mount - follow her link, it was'nt the one I was asking about. No issue.
Larry and Debbie Kruzan

Bob_Landry
Explorer
Explorer
I know. I went back and read it again. I'm just so used to seeing some of these cranky old guys get on someone's case for asking a question instead of using the search, that I erroneously assumed it was another one of those posts. The people who get so irritated when someone asks a question tend to forget that they at one time were new members who asked a question instead of looking it up. My apologies.
2011 Keystone Outback 277RL

4u2nv
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Landry wrote:
Interesting that it probably took as much time to tell the guy to go look it up as it would have to answer his question. That is if you knew the answer.

The answer to the guys question was in fact one post above his question... TMBLSN's answer in telling him to look up a post was the correct one. He never mentioned to use the search he said look up a post...
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC - Duramax/Allison
2006 Keystone Cougar 302rls

Gone but never forgotten...2002 GMC 2500HD 6.0l EC 4:10s

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
Great! How about the Arm?

Look up a couple posts...
Lee

larry_kruzan
Explorer
Explorer
Great! How about the Arm?
Larry and Debbie Kruzan

technoholic
Explorer
Explorer
larry_kruzan wrote:
technoholic wrote:
We bought our TT used. The original booth style dinette had been removed and replaced by one that was cobbled together with 2x4s and plywood. It had to go. After removal, the

That flat panel mount is cool - what brand or modle is it?

Larry

It is a two piece design that I saw in another RV.NET post which I am unable to locate at the moment. They are available from Lee Valley, Click Here

By mounting our 26" flat panel in the house with the same mount, it can quickly be disconnected and brought out for use in the TT. The horizontal member is just a piece of oak hardwood screwed to wall studs, the back piece of the TV mount was then screwed to the oak piece. We do not travel with the TV mounted on the wall. This system makes it easy to unmount and place it on the bed for travel.

One possible downside to this type of mount is that it is fixed. In our situation, that does not matter.

PamfromVA
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the link for the mount. I also bought one arm extension.

LCD mount

It mounts through the bottom into the top of the storage compartment.

--------------------

I hate making the bed which is why I am always the first one up...in our house the last one in bed has to make it so I leave that chore to my husband!

Pam
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2017 Dodge Ram 3500
One DH
two very spoiled camping dogs