Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cover for new TT

fat_frank
Explorer
Explorer
New to forum and new TT owner.
Just bought a new TT. North Trail NT 21FBS. Don't have storage lined up yet. Probably keep it at the farm. Just ordered a Goldline cover for it. (20 to 22 foot cover). Hope that's what I need. I assume the 21 is the length of the trailer. Studied the reviews of the covers available and they are very erratic. Some say great, the next says junk. Does anyone use this cover and is it worth the $490.00 it costs? Thanks in advance and I'm just getting started with the questions.
13 REPLIES 13

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a quote from Calmark covers for my 25 ft box size and it is $850 :R

Think Ill pass on that one.

fat_frank
Explorer
Explorer
Got my TT home and measured the box. 22' 2". The cover I ordered is 22'4". I called the people and they said they'll exchange it if it doesn't fit. I have the pull out rear bumper. This cover is just going around the box itself, not the spare and bumper. Is it better if it's a good fit?
Thanks in advance
BTW, found a covered storage unit close by so will be out of the weather. Still probably use the cover for dust and grime reasons.

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
I use tennis balls, but they are not the best as 1 always finds its way to the ground. It is only my rear corners, I may try the noodle, I have about 6 at home (the kids should not miss 1)I just have to remember to bring with me to storage.
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
modern family wrote:
I use an ADCO cover on my TT, been on for 2 years. The corners by my gutters tear, I.. (well my wife) repairs with some outdoor fabric. I have done this 2 times.. other than that, it is in good shape.
The corners by the gutters won't tear if you use something like a pool noodle cut to size and slide it over the downspouts. Use the same on door stops.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

fat_frank
Explorer
Explorer
The cover should be here today. I ordered the one that's 22'4". My trailer, now that it's home, measured 22' 2". That's the box. Doesn't include the spare tire and rear bumper. I called yesterday and they said they would exchange it if it doesn't fit right. I guess the bumper and spar are the least of my worries.
Thanks for the replies

APT
Explorer
Explorer
There are pros and cons to covering. I love my Goldline cover, even though I just ripped it a little on gutter extension last fall. 😞 I purchased from National.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
I use an ADCO cover on my TT, been on for 2 years. The corners by my gutters tear, I.. (well my wife) repairs with some outdoor fabric. I have done this 2 times.. other than that, it is in good shape.
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Once you get the length issue resolved, give some consideration to where you'll park the covered tt. A location out of the wind will serve you best. Wind is hard on these covers, and increases the potential of damage to your trailer. I've been very happy with my cover for many years.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
If it doesn't work search this Forum for `RV Cover' and read on.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you should be fine. You've run into a common "issue", the actual length of a travel trailer. For size to fit in campgrounds and usually vehicle registration, go by total length including the hitch. For size when ordering things like your cover, go by "box" length - just the length of the camper box, not including the front hitch.

fat_frank
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick reply. Going to try and pick it up this morning. Hope I didn't jump the gun assuming the length is 21 feet by the tag. The cover is good for up o 22 feet. Thanks

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Hi and congrats. I don't use a cover so can't help you there but the listed length of the trailer is 26'6". Now that includes the hitch but you might want to measure the actual box length so your cover is not too short.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
I think the covers reviews are all over the place because of different parts of the country. One place may get far more direct light and wind, where another place might be in calm winded, shady places.

You're in Houston, so I'd say if you're storing it outdoors in the sun, get the best cover you can afford and tie it down properly!

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer