cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Day 1 We own an RV!!!!!

jernst1978
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I took delivery on our very 1st TT today. 2016 Outdoors RV Black Rock 26BHS. 1st trip this weekend, we aren't wasting any time! Del Mar at Camp Pendleton, just a little 100 mile journey first time around. More to follow as we plan on documenting our journey so it seems this is our little corner of the internet to share. Photos to follow.
21 REPLIES 21

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new camper! I hope you make many fun memories in it!!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

jernst1978
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
Well done! Once you get comfortable with towing and setting up your trailer, there is so much to do and see, especially in the West. We are also from SoCal -- feel free to click on our blog link below, just to get some ideas of the places you can go.

Let the fun begin!

Thanks, wasn't overly worried about the tow short of being a little close on Gross total pulling a 6800 lb dry weight with a 1/2 ton 5.4L V8 with 175K on it already, and a family of 5. When the trip down was done yesterday, it was more adjusting to the combination of the two and learning the "limits" so to speak. All in all it was a fairly easy drive as I've been towing for years, just not civilian vehicles. As you are in SoCal as well, Onofre in two weeks and probably Lake O'neil a couple weeks later. Trying to enjoy as many weekend trips as possible till we move up to Washington later this summer.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, new trailer requirement; You have to watch two movies before going on your first camping trip. "RV" with Robin Williams and "The Long Long trailer" with Lucy and Desi. Now you're ready to hit the road.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
It's one of the two happiest days in the life of an RVer...

I thought that was a reference to boat ownerships.

CONGRATS jernst1978...Have a great 1st trip, followed by years of enjoyment.

silverfz
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, we for some werid reason always go from dealer to campground over the last 3 purchases. the first one was the rough one. We never camped and the dealer did not talk about wheel chocks, wheel locks , piece of wood or levelers for the jack and no levelers for the wheels. Oh no hose either.

so we pull into a very hilly spot as it was 4th and we got a crappy spot hilly between 2 trees...lucky some campers collected rocks for wheel choke and I went to near by walmart...needless to say for the subsequent purchase I was better prepared.
2014 avenger 28 bhs
2008 Toyota tundra crew max
guarded by bear the mini dashound
running from payload police edition

hl_remington
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulation and safe camping

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations. I look forward to your stories and pictures !

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Have good safe fun. May God Bless you in your travels.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well done! Once you get comfortable with towing and setting up your trailer, there is so much to do and see, especially in the West. We are also from SoCal -- feel free to click on our blog link below, just to get some ideas of the places you can go.

Let the fun begin!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

nma33
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! So now the unknown journey to wherever begins! Enjoy every moment! We certainly do!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! What a wonderful time to celebrate. Have a great trip, the first of many.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
A long time ago I realized sometimes you just figure things out. Until the last trip we had never over filled our gray tank. One day my DW said the sink was not draining; I said look in the bathtub!!! Yup it was the lowest connection to the gray tank drain.

The point is you take your best guess and see how it works.

Practice changing a TT, the tools and experience are priceless when needed.

Congrats and happy camping.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Gambit80
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!
Me(40), DW(40), DS(21), DS(21)
2015 Forest River Salem 26TBUD
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 QC, 5.9 CTD

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
It's one of the two happiest days in the life of an RVer...
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)