cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have any Dodge Friends & Family ????

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
After looking at GM and Ford I have decide to get me a new Mega Cab Dodge. I need the MEGA cab so it will be a Dodge since Ford and Chev do not make one (that I could find). Nor could I find a full size crew (4 door) with a long bed. So it is a Mega Cab Dodge.

Do I have an "friends or family" that can help me out on the price?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
44 REPLIES 44

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
another vote for Costco auto purchase program.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
I tried Dave Smith and didn't really get anywhere. They were generally slow to respond and when I told them I can get +/- 80% of MSRP pricing at my local dealers and need to beat that by a fair amount to travel to them I never heard from them again.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
catfishmontana stated:

"Unless someone quotes him such as you just did, I don't see anything he posts. There are tools available on this forum to make the reading experience much better".

:B

Guess I'm a "glutton for punishment"....but do understand where you're coming from:)
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

catfishmontana
Explorer
Explorer
NC Hauler wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Very odd requirements there? :h

In addition why do you need a mega cab? Most guys who tow heavy loads don't opt for a mega cab.

I wished I was as knowledgable as some on here....alway's something "fishy" about FishOnOne's post when it comes to these Ram trucks...the distain is so apparent one will almost know exactly what he'll post...

Unless someone quotes him such as you just did, I don't see anything he posts. There are tools available on this forum to make the reading experience much better.:C
2016 F350 Platinum Dually, CC
2014 Cyclone 3800 toyhauler
B&W Companion 20K

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Goldstalker wrote:
ependydad wrote:
Goldstalker wrote:
You can easily beat that price by a lot. Check with Dave Smith Motors or Dennis Dillon Chrysler.

Agreed, but all 4 of my local dealers matched or beat Dave Smith pricing. No sense in buying from so far away.

I agree, never said buy there. Just used their quotes for someone local to match or beat, won't be hard to do.

You're right- I read more into that than you said. I didn't even use the Dave Smith price against my local dealers. With ordering my truck, I contacted 4 local ones by email w/ the exact set of options that I wanted and was frank that I was shopping multiple local dealers. I told them that I was buying within the week. Whoever gave me the best price without bickering it won (i.e. they got 1 shot to give me their best price).

Worked well for me. Obviously pricing is pretty standard as 2 of the 4 gave exactly matching prices to the penny.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
You say you need a long bed and a mega cab? So are you going to have a conversion done too? Mega can only came in short bed trucks from the factory.

I may have not been clear. I will take a Crew Cab plus long bed or a Mega cab with short bed.

All the Big three make a crew cab, with 4 full size doors with long beds...Do you mean you just can't find any?

I can understand why you'd want to go with the Megacab if considering family, and again, no more than you are towing, don't see where that's an issue either.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Very odd requirements there? :h

In addition why do you need a mega cab? Most guys who tow heavy loads don't opt for a mega cab.

I wished I was as knowledgable as some on here....alway's something "fishy" about FishOnOne's post when it comes to these Ram trucks...the distain is so apparent one will almost know exactly what he'll post...
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
..I thought OP was about a person wanting information on getting a good deal on a Ram, and now we're talking about heavy towing and oil fields:h

This is what he is towing as far as I can tell from his profile:

2005 30 Foot Compass Carriage Travel Trailer..no problem
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
small fish wrote:
Most guys who tow heavy loads don't opt for a mega cab.

And no companies hire PSD's to haul any loads. Boy you don't quit with the dig's do you. At least your not a GM dealer :W so your eatin dinner tonight!

Okay back to normal programming :B

Well that's odd that I never seen a hot shotter or an oil field truck pulling heavy goosenecks running mega cab trucks. :h Perhaps it's the blindfolds! :R

Maybe its the family. How many delivery drivers bring their entire family along? Rarely do I hear about the quality daycare providers in the oil fields either. I know its tough to imagine, but there are other people in the world who may have different experiences and needs than just you.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
Goldstalker wrote:
You can easily beat that price by a lot. Check with Dave Smith Motors or Dennis Dillon Chrysler.

Agreed, but all 4 of my local dealers matched or beat Dave Smith pricing. No sense in buying from so far away.

I agree, never said buy there. Just used their quotes for someone local to match or beat, won't be hard to do.
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
NC Hauler wrote:
Pop-Pop C wrote:
GM has long bed and 4 full doors!!!!

:h..uh, so does Ram....crew cab long bed and 4 full doors...

I believe Ford does as well.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Goldstalker wrote:

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
mtofell1 wrote:
I just used Costco and it was about 1500 below the "employee pricing, lowest price ever in the history of the world, we're losing money price". I'd highly recommend Costco... I haggled and hassled for days/hours before a buddy reminded me of the Costco program.

:B..I liked that, "in the history of the world"...I will agree, I work for Tier 1 Supplier and get Suppliers discount and on occasion get Employee discounts....bought this 13' at dealers incentives and discounts...it was cheaper than "employee discount"....
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Pop-Pop C wrote:
GM has long bed and 4 full doors!!!!

:h..uh, so does Ram....crew cab long bed and 4 full doors...
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

oweninthekeys
Explorer
Explorer
You will love the Mega Cab!
USAF Retired 2000
DOD Civilian to Retire 2015
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi
Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel Adapter Hitch
2014 Winnebago Lite Five FW30RES