cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you shower in your camper

The_Titan
Explorer
Explorer
We have camped in our 23b for 12 years and have rarely used the shower for fear of filling the grey water tank. My question is do you use the shower. My next question is how much water do you think you use. I don't mind toting fresh water but I hate to overfill my tank.
Tom & Lee
And Molly (small dog)
2003 Explorer XLT v6
2004 Jayco J Feather 23b Hensley
38 REPLIES 38

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
I do,dh generally does not. We have a 42 gallon tote we use every 3 days or so to dump tanks. Love MY shower!

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only if we are boondocking or the campground showers are disgusting.
I am 6'2" and 262 lbs. It is just real inconvenient to use that tiny shower. I like a shower long and hot and I have no reason to "conserve" water. I have paid good money to make full use of the campgrounds amenities,and I will use them as I see fit.
You do not have to understand or wonder about anything I may or myt not do inside my camper. Not your business!

Wavesprite
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are out right now in our hybrid. We use our shower all the time, everyday, hookups or not. We do carry a 6 gallon tote to empty the grey tank bit by bit into if we don't have hook ups. We also added one of those articulated shower curtain rod thingies to make it more spacious in the shower. We also changed the shower head to the oxygenics one. I'd say we use 4-5 gallons a shower.

bluie5
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a TT so we could have the amenities like a functioning bathroom. We use our all the time.
2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK

aepowell
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't think of not using the shower. May as well stay with a popup if you don't use the shower. I always hated going to the bathhouse and being sweaty by the time you got back to camp.
Anthony & Margie Powell
Sherman,Tx.
2001 Jayco Kiwi 23B
2013 Ram Slt Lonestar(yea its got a HEMI)

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Were short on space, our bathtub we use for storage. Someday when we get a "real" RV we will use our shower. :B

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

vakirks
Explorer
Explorer
We always use the shower. That was one of the main reasons we bought a hybrid instead of a pop-up. I wanted to be able to wash my kids (newborn & toddlers at the time) in the camper without having to worry about a bath house. We have a tote & usually have to empty it every day with the 6 of us. We go through the whole day & then the 4 kids shower,then we dump, & then my husband & I shower. We also "Navy" shower. We have never actually camped with sewer hook-up.
The Virginia Kirks
7 of us, 17-52
2000 GMC YUKON XL 2500
2018 Salem Hemisphere Hyper Lyte 29BHHL
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to remain sharp. That is is why I read so much. - Tyrion Lannister

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
We never used the shower in our hybrid. We always use it in our Open Range. Much bigger tanks.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
We have friends who have had 2 Class Cs and currently a Class A. They NEVER use the shower or the toilet. She doesn't want to dump the "yucky" tanks. We just can't understand that.

Anyway we got our first hybrid in part for the shower and toilet. Trouble was it had a "wet bath" and was really too small to shower in. We're not germaphobes so we continued to use the public showers. What's the big deal? Wear flip flops or water shoes. But our X20E has a "real" bathroom and we use the shower all the time now. Like I said we're not afraid of public facilities, but it's really nice on a cold morning to stay inside and relax. We can go for a 5 day weekend and just come close to filling the gray tank, which is 30 gal. Any longer than that and we use a tote.

naturist wrote:
You can get clean with only a gallon or two if you even half try.

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing. It's called a "Navy Shower".
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

JimNH
Explorer
Explorer
our hybrid has a really small grey and black tank, but we have used the shower since we usually camp over the weekend with just two of us (humans). This coming fourth of July, we have a site with full hookups, so unlimited water and sewer! That will be fun.

Update: On our trip this past week, we did not have a full hookup site. We also managed to fill the grey and black tanks since we were there for five days. I purchased a 12 gallon rolly-tank at Camping World for about $80, which allowed me to dump the tanks without breaking camp. This was a great purchase. Get the smallest portable tank that is larger than your onboard tank so you don't have to worry about accidentally overfilling it...

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
shower all the time,#2 never.go figure.we never use more than 1/2 our 3o gallon tank.i think i can shower with a gallon easy.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I shower every morning, even dry camping. But when dry camping, we are very careful how long the water runs. We'll turn it on for wetting and rinsing only, and while we wash the shower head is turned off.

2-3 night dry camping stays are very easy on our 30 gallon tanks.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tripalot wrote:
Two Hands wrote:
We always use our shower whether we have hookups or not. That is why we have an rv as opposed to a tent. Friends of ours never use their shower and I just can't understand that. Why own a class A if you don't use the shower?

X2
In 15 years of rving, I think we have used a public shower 2X and that was in the winter when it was so cold we could not de-winterize for a couple of days while on our way to Texas..

Wet yourself down, turn off the water - lather up, turn water on and rinse. Doesn't use much water or capacity in the grey tank.

A decent shower is always a priority in what rv we purchase. There are only 2 of us - for a family it would be more difficult unless you had water and sewer hookups.

Absolutely.

The whole point of having a RV is to use your own toilet and shower.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't want to measure the grey water coming out (icky factor), measure the fresh water going into the shower.

1- Time how long it takes to use the shower.
2- Measure how much water the shower head puts out in one minute
3- Do the math.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells