cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dream TC Camp Spot

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
What's you guys list of a Dream campsite?

Mine is a place needing no AC, lots of shade, on a stream at the base of some of the highest peaks.

A place so beautiful it can reverse the attitude of even crabbiest guy.:B

What's your criteria?
35 REPLIES 35

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
Probably our favorite in North America is Boya Lake provincial Park in northern BC. Over the years we have stayed here a half dozen times I would guess. It is dry camping, with fire wood available to purchase from the host. It is the farthest north of the three "Lake" provincial parks on the Cassiar Hwy, Hwy 37.
Believe it is the clearest lake I have ever seen. Great to set out by the fire in the evenings and listen to the loons call out to each other.

joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
clikrf8 wrote:
Anywhere quiet, scenic, a room with a view, so to speak, where we can see wildlife and sunsets/sunrises. Uncrowded vistas, no RV parks, no hook up, boon docking in Nature's finest. Unimpeded vistas mountains, deserts, by a stream, ocean, lake, etc. We loved Lunar Crater, Succor Creek, etc. Visitors welcome who enjoy the same.

Very well said!!! :C
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer

Bowman Lake
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide

abslayer
Explorer
Explorer
No words necessary:C

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II

Yes, I have a Dream TC Camp Spot, and I have been going back there every year for many decades now. At least, until this year.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
My favorite place is the Eastern Sierra, anywhere.

Bob
Good Sam Club Life Member

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
Anywhere quiet, scenic, a room with a view, so to speak, where we can see wildlife and sunsets/sunrises. Uncrowded vistas, no RV parks, no hook up, boon docking in Nature's finest. Unimpeded vistas mountains, deserts, by a stream, ocean, lake, etc. We loved Lunar Crater, Succor Creek, etc. Visitors welcome who enjoy the same.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

High up in the Cascades. Hiking.

Straight of Juan De Fuca. Weather.

There are so many nice places to go with so many climate types. Dessert, Mountain, Coastal, Forest, River, and more. Take a chance and go on new places. That's how you find the great new place.

Moose10
Explorer
Explorer
cleary wrote:
The Alaska Range. The camper is the white dot in the middle of the picture.

Chuck

I agree Chuck. Somewhere off the Denali Hwy, or really anywhere outside of a city here!
2001.5 Ram 3500 4x4 QC Sport ETH/DEE
on Vision Hauler 19.5's
'06 Arctic Fox 1150
'09 Nissan Murano S
'14 Ford F-150 FX4
'03 Polaris 700RMK VE, MBRP can
'04 Polaris 600RMK VE
'04 & '05 Suzuki Eiger 400's

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad to see one in the east, even if it is WAY up north.

My favorite are the places not seen by everyone, where only nature is heard, and my wife wants to go back.

Can recommend two, both you can have completely by your self with the right timing. Though I do think the second is my favorite.

Shining Rock Wilderness Parking Lot off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Best for hiking trails with views. Camper is that white spec in the middle.

Top favorite place, but it is another 2 hours from the above, so don't make it as often which makes it a bit more special. This is the Wilderness Offroad Park near Middlesboro, KY. Basically get this view for 360*.

But I haven't found the dream spot, but those from out west sure do seem like a good place to start. So guess I will just have to keep looking. :B
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like I am going to have to drive further than the south side of Branched Oak at site #81 lol. You guys have found some great sites, I can't wait for better weather to scout out some of them.

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bearsfanatic85 wrote:
The one spot that I cant forget was at a lake called Siskiu (not sure of the spelling) It was near the town Of Mt Shasta in northern califorinia, on top of a mountain with huge granite walls across the lake, Just really pretty. On another note I would like to give a shout out to the folks at Dakota Ridge RV Park in Golden Co. We were displaced due to the colorado floods and ended up staying in the their park for almost 2 1/2 months, Clean big showers close to to town but far enough away to relax a little. If your ever traveling through the denver area and need a place to stop and maybe go down town and see some sites this is a great place will excellent customer service, Nice people too. They did us right!

lake Siskiyou
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the posts. Great info for the destination list.

Funny how a guy can travel for years not knowing some of these places existed.

DJ, mountains in the back look very dramatic. It Looks very cool.

TC Life, I found out you become an empty nester all too soon. Kids grow up fast.